They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

BD Scene Menu problem

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

BD Scene Menu problem

Postby nickky007 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Does Scene menu navigation of Performance-Star Disc menu preset work correctly in your en-US versions of PrE9 in Share to Blu-ray Disc context ?
It does not in my localized (de) version. (see attached screenshots)

In DVD context it works as expected.
The Music video preset even works ok in Blu-ray context.

I did not test other presets, yet. I supposed that Adobe has sort of a quality assurance and would test the presets in their commercial apllications, e.g. at least test the first few presets offered in their (localized) PrE9 after stepping into Disc menu pane.

Is there any workaround other than not to use that cool looking preset?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickky007

Re: BD Scene Menu problem

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:19 pm

You say the Performance Star menu template does not work in your version.

Can you be more specific? What does it not do?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nickky007 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:You say the Performance Star menu template does not work in your version.

Can you be more specific? What does it not do?
I hoped it could be seen in my screenshots in the RAR attachment:

BD Scene Menu as should be.jpg (It looks and works like as DVD menu)
BD Scene Menu as should be.jpg

BD Scene Menu as is.jpg (It looks and works like this as BD menu)
BD Scene Menu as is.jpg

Highlighted Overlays are wrongly scaled (smaller scaled)
and thus replaced with respect to upper left corner of display area.
The navigation overlays in the smaller red rectangle at the upper left side actually should exactly overlay the larger red rectangle which contains the background with the texts and the icons (same for the yellow rectangles containing the navigation overlays).
You may see the difference between the first and the second screenshot.

Also observe where the arrow for return to the Main menu and the arrow for advancing to Next scene menu are (mis)placed.

Furthermore, coming from Main menu or from Previous menu does not bring the focus to the first icon in the current Scene menu but to the rightmost icon in the first line of the current menu. This leads to an unorthodox navigation experience. In my example you activate in the first-row left icon and get navigated to the chapter represented by the first-row right icon. If you want to navigate to the first-row left icon chapter you have to click to the left of the first-row left icon. If you want to navigate back to the Main Menu, click in the upper part of second-row left icon because the arrow navigation overlay is wrongly located there. Etc... Very intuitive, isn't it?

Since the DVD version works as expected I guess these can't be features, or are they?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickky007

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:07 pm

It could well be that Adobe did a sloppy conversion of the template when they created a BluRay version, Nickky.

I'm sorry, I don't have a PS3 or even a BluRay player, so I can't check to see if I have the same problems at my end. So I'll take your word for it.

Unfortunately, short of me or someone else who understands the structure actually rebuilding Adobe's template, I'm not sure what the solution is.

Do your other templates work okay?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nickky007 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Please refer to my initial post:
The Music video preset even works ok in Blu-ray context.

I did not test other presets, yet. I supposed that Adobe has sort of a quality assurance and would test the presets in their commercial apllications, e.g. at least test the first few presets offered in their (localized) PrE9...

Could you please make a small example (25s) with chapters (at 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s) and make a little experiment with the BD version of the Performance-Star Menu template using the built in Preview option?
To what chapter icon will you get coming from Main menu? 5s?
In Scene menu, what chapter gets played after you activate the 5s icon?
Same for the other chapter icons?
Does it work as you are used to from DVD?

Thanks!
nickky007

Postby nickky007 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Or, please, alert Adobe's Support. They surely listen to you. They do not listen to me.
I wrote them 2 weeks ago about the backslash (\) shortcut matter (my other question in the other thread). No response.

I think they only care about the US market and ignore the rest (and do not earn as much $ as they could by providing better customer support).

I am very grateful to you all here at muvipix.com! Without your kind support I would have left off for other products.
nickky007

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:44 am

I wish we did have more pull with Adobe, Nickky. Unfortunately, most of our suggestions have gone unheeded.

They do occasionally monitor forums like this -- but the best way to get a message to them is to write directly to them at their web site.

Particularly in the past couple of years they've been making what appears to be much more effort to take customer feedback seriously. I think they realize that the competition is pretty heavy in the consumer video editing market, and it's important to keep your customer satisfied.

So I encourage everyone with an issue with an Adobe product to make their voices heard!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9