They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Import Gopro footage into Elements 15

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Import Gopro footage into Elements 15

Postby Charlie Golf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:50 am

I'm new to the world of video editing and recently bought Elements 15 which has led me to watching Steve's tutorials.

Can anyone explain why the yellow/orange render line appears above the clip whenever I add Gopro footage to the timeline. I've tried changing the project settings, however having no luck. The footage has been filmed in either 2.7 or 4k.

Any advice would be appreciated..
Charlie Golf
New User
New User

Re: Import Gopro footage into Elements 15

Postby sidd finch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:18 am

Your project settings do not match the footage settings. You will need to press the enter bar so your system can render the footage to playback.

Yellow means that the footage and project settings match. Orange means that they do not match.

If you mix and match 2.7k and 4k you will need to decide which project setting you prefer 2.7k or 4k. If you choose 2.7k project setting then the 4k will be orange. If you choose 4k then the 2.7k will be orange.

Sidd

Welcome to Muvipix
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Charlie Golf » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:08 am

Thanks for your response Sidd. Couple more questions to get my head around things -

- What does the orange line signify? I've noticed a green line as well?

- Will the mixing of different footage i.e. 2.7k and 4k cause any problems to the final video?

Appreciate your help.
Charlie Golf
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:43 am

Orange line means that section of the timeline should be rendered before it will play smoothly. The green line means that the section of the timeline has already been rendered or does not require rendering.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to GoPro Cameras