They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

...and another

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

...and another

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 am

This time a short video of The Valley of the Temples at Agrigento, Sicily. In the video you will see my friend Ruth, from the UK, who is standing next to a necropolis (Greek burial chamber) to provide some scale.

For those of you with a sensitive disposition I offer in advance my apologies for the use of the Ruth's handbag to offer some idea of scale in another scene around the mid-point of the video.

Just in case you were wondering why all of these short videos? Well the idea is to provide a memento to my visitors that come out here to holiday/visit this beautiful part of Italy.

Some folk will arrive here and all that they want to do whilst on holiday is to take in the sunshine, the food, the sea, the sand, the wine (of course!) etc. and basically just chill. All of which is perfectly fine.

Others will want to take in the sights, tourist fashion (as well as chilling as above). For these folk the idea of these short video clips is that I can compile a memento DVD of the places that they visited whilst here, adding in the photographs that they take themselves.

So, if you like, the short videos of the places that have been visited are the "chapters" in the overall DVD.

As I go around with my visitors I will be taking more video so the short video clips that are already made will be constantly enhanced and replaced with new material, substituting HD for SD and, hopefully, more stable video (now that I have a monopod - tripods are not allowed in some of the tourist sights) with better video angles and new ideas.

In any event it will be my intention to keep the individual video segments below about four minutes as there is nothing worse than being subjected to someones two hour video of their recent holiday. My theory is that if visitors take in five or six or so sights whilst here then the resulting memento DVD will have a total running time of twenty minutes or less with no individual chapter longer than four minutes. Well that's the theory anyway. :(

I know that some pictures are duplicated. The inevitable consequence of adding visitor's pics to the existing video. I could, of course, remove them but then my visitors wouldn't see any of their own pics and, likely as not, the originals that they have taken will only remain stored in the camera. Any thoughts on this aspect, anyone?

AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: ...and another

Postby momoffduty » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:43 am

Wonderful idea John on creating little vignettes of the tours. I liked the map between the scenes and the creative use of the handbag. The pan across at :55 was smooth with only a monopod.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks for the compliment on the smooth pan. I have to own up, though. It was hand held. That video clip was taken in 2010 before I had the monopod.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby momoffduty » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:42 am

Wow, steady freehand panning! Mine aren't that smooth with a monopod with chicken feet. :mrgreen:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Showcase