They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Activating component?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Re: Activating component?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:25 pm

You're in the wrong preferences, Peg. Go to the Organizer's preferences (under the Edit menu) not Premiere Elements'. Then you can turn off the Media Analyzer/Auto Analyzer.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:28 am

The video is HDV, from a Canon HV40...

...There's a red line over the timeline until I render it...

Video captured from the Canon HV40 is natively supported in Premiere Elements. If the Project Preset matches the HDV video from your camera you won't need to render it and you won't see a red or green line unless you've applied a transition, effect, or other action that requires rendering. Are you using an HDV project preset that matches the video? Also, are your video projects simple ones using basically a few video tracks and/or few effects or more complex ones with many tracks or effects?

Did turning off Auto Analyzer help?
Bob

Postby peggig » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been busy.

Steve, I found Elements Organizer, but it took some searching; it was under Program Files (x86)\Adobe. Then I found Media Analysis on the Preferences menu, and turned everything off. I did that just now, and haven't done any video editing yet with it off, but I'll know this weekend if it worked. Thank you!

Bob, I do have the right presets but as soon as I do anything to a clip, the red bar appears (and I'm always doing something,,,). Most of my projects only have a couple of tracks, but some of them have more. One of the ones I was editing has several, and that might have been the one that was insanely slow. Also, I think performance has improved somewhat since running it with admin privileges and getting rid of the register server process. I don't know why that would be, but it does seem to have made a difference.

I'm hoping that turning off media analyzer will be the answer. It sounds right. I really don't need Premiere Elements (or Elements Organizer) to analyze my video clips. I wish they would leave that off by default and let people opt in if they want to. I'll let you guys know how my performance is with it turned off after this weekend.

Thanks again!
peggig
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby peggig » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Well, it's not as snappy as I would expect a 64-bit program on a 64-bit quad core system to be, but it's definitely usable. And it really wasn't before.

Thank you, Bob and Steve! You have saved me untold frustration. :mad: You guys are great!

:exc: :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc:
peggig
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:20 am

Glad you're up and running, Peg!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous