They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PRE 9 & !0 create BD-R's - ImGBurn - Incomplete status

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

PRE 9 & !0 create BD-R's - ImGBurn - Incomplete status

Postby pokiegump » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:26 pm

On the Adobe PRE Forum there is a thread about ImGBurn reading of BD-R's created by PRE as being "incomplete". I have experienced the same issue. I want to make an ISO file from my Blu-ray discs created by PRE. A BR-R created by PRE, when read by ImGBurn shows a status of "incomplete". ImGBurn is not able to create an ISO image from these discs. However, when PRE burns to a BD-RE, the status shown by ImGBurn is "conmplete" and ISO's can be made. When I use the DVDFab software, which I use to copy home movies, it can copy one of these apparently "incomplete" BD-R discs, The new disc created by DVDFab shows "complete" in ImGBurn. There is also a finalizing step shown in DVDFab. Something is therefore wrong with PRE. I am using the same BD-R media in PRE as I use in DVDFab. PRE results in "incomplete" and DVDFab doesn't. Both PRE 9 & 10 do this. Has anyone heard from Adobe about this? The work around I now must use is to burn my original projects to a BD-RE disc and then copy that BD-RE using DVDFab to a permanent BR-R. I then make an ISO from that BD-R whichh as a status of "complete".
Clint
pokiegump
New User
New User

Re: PRE 9 & !0 create BD-R's - ImGBurn - Incomplete status

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Hello pokigump,

Welcome to Muvipix!

I haven't noticed any problems.

So as not to waste a real BD-R, I just burned a virtual BD-R -- using VirtualCD -- from Premiere Elements 10 on Windows XP SP3 32-bit. The status shows "complete" in ImgBurn 2.5.6.0.

With this software, you can burn a virtual disc of various kinds, and with a virtual BD-R, you can also create an ISO file at the same time. You can then use ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a real BD-R.

http://www.virtualcd-online.com/vcd/app ... d.cfm?lg=0

You have to wait a while for the burn to complete. Premiere Elements will show 99% for quite a while during the burn phase while VirtualCD writes out the entire 25GB, even if you have only a 30 second movie.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 10