They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Green screen experiment and timeline questions

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Re: Green screen experiment and timeline questions

Postby momoffduty » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Lay your video on tracks, one above the other (Timeline View Required).
Then simply use the yellow Opacity bar to lower the opacity on tracks you don't want to see.

I explain all about it in my two part tutorial on Multi Track Editing (these tutorials are for subscribers only)
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

That is an excellent tutorial! A must watch for anyone doing multi track editing.

SoftwareGuy, your project is rather ambitious, but doable. I am wondering if it may be easier to break the project down into editing steps. Maybe edit your clips together and then do the greenscreen work. After happy with that part of the edit add your background photos or video. Just leave track 1 & 2 open for the photos later.
I thought about an option to do the greenscreen on the clips first and export as a file with transparency and edit those clips together, but then you wouldn't be able to fine tune later. :-k
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Green screen experiment and timeline questions

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:02 pm

I might recommend a few test projects first and just try to learn one thing at a time.
Video editing can be overwhelming when you try to tackle everything at once ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 10