They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Actions

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Actions

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:31 am

Was looking to add PrEl 10 to my Christmas list. While reviewing the info here on Muvipix, I see that Adobe has introduced Actions. Besides the couple shown in the quick view of the product, has Adobe provided a way to create your own actions?

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Actions

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:01 am

Well, Photoshop Elements has a limited number of actions, if that's what you're talking about, Vernon. And there is a way to use actions created in Photoshop CSx in Photoshop Elements.

But neither Premiere Elements nor Photoshop Elements has tools for recording and playing Actions that I'm aware of. Sorry.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Steve, thanks for the response. I was hoping to find a way to create my own actions. This would be similar to the lower third example in the tutorial thanks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Actions can only be created in Photoshop. Photoshop Elements does not have any means to record actions.

Photoshop Elements can play some actions. All releases have used actions to implement various effects in the Effects Pallete and recent releases have an action player in Guided Edit. But, not all Photoshop actions can be used. The action cannot use any feature not supported by the version of Photoshop Elements you are using and the action needs to "play through". It's common for Photoshop actions to stop to allow manual steps and continue play from the point the action stopped. That is not possible in Photoshop Elements.

Installing actions in the Effects Pallette is tricky as each version of Photoshop Elements has it's own requirements. You generally need a thumbnail image and an xml file in addition to the atn file. Installing action in the Action Player is easier. Place the atn file in the actions folder in the workflow panels folder.
Bob

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm not at my computer right now but I thougt Steve showed the action player being used inside PrEl. I wanted to know if we had access to it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:22 pm

I don't think so, Vernon. But there is a little action player built into the Guided Edits of Photo Elements 10.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 10