They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Some pics not showing in Time Line

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Some pics not showing in Time Line

Postby Little Nac » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:27 am

Hi all.
Just a couple of quick questions re PE10.
I have just set up a project as a test run. Brought in some JPGs and MTS files.
Some show on the Time Line and some don't. I move the slider at the right and also click on
the button at the left of the Time Line. Also adjust the width of the Time Line. After doing this
everything seems to be OK and I can view all the pics. Then I accidentally split a pic and the first
part I can view, the second part just has a box instead of the pic. Sometimes until I adjust the
sliders etc. all the pics are just a blue box. What am I doing wrong?
Also do I need to turn off Auto Analyzer and background rendering (like in v8)?
It seems to handle the MTS files great, but I need to be able to see them on the Time Line.
If so, where do I do it?
Thanks for any help. :-k
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Some pics not showing in Time Line

Postby Paul LS » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:31 am

Clicking on the icon on the left of each timeline "rotates" the display method of thumbnails of media on the timeline. You may need to click on it a few times in order to get to the option that best suits your needs.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Little Nac » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi Paul.
Yes I realise that and I have done this many times. Yesterday before I finished I put in a black matte which showed blue on the time line. This morning when I booted it up
it was missing some pics once again, and the black matte was showing as a picture not a matte, even though the name on the pic was black opacity.
I move the slider slightly and the pics show once again, but the matte still shows as a photo. I went out of it, went back in and the matte showed as a matte (even though it was blue on the time line). Moved
the slider to make the TL smaller and it showed as a photo once again and some of the pics and parts of the video were replaced with a blue square.
Even yesterday I clicked several pics to open them in the viewer and the viewer was blank even though they showed on the TL.
Also is it necessary to turn off the Back ground rendering and auto analyser, or was that just in v8.
Thanks for any help.
L.N. ](*,)
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Very odd #-o . Perhaps you could try uninstalling and re-installing.

Regarding auto analyser and background rendering... you now need to tell PE10 to auto analyse a clip and background rendering is no more.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 10