They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Can't render timeline

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Can't render timeline

Postby savoirthyme » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:29 pm

I have created a video from a few video clips and a couple of stills. The first clip is actually a video that I created previously -- I created it specifically as an "intro" to use on my future videos. I did some splitting and deleting of clips, and now when I try to render, it goes back and plays the "intro" and then stops where I added the new clips that have not been rendered. I know there's no gap between the clips because when I deleted, I chose Delete and Close Gap. How can I get it to render the full video?
savoirthyme
New User
New User

Re: Can't render timeline

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:49 pm

HI! Welcome to Muvipix. :wcm:

Check out this thread. It may be related to the Work Area Bar (WAB).

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8540
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby savoirthyme » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:23 pm

As suggested in the other thread, I tried zooming out so the entire project was visible in the Work Area Bar, double clicking on the WAB then tried to render again, but it is still stopping after the "intro". I also noticed that the "intro" has a green bar and the few stills I added have a red bar on the Timeline, but the rest of the video clips don't have either a red or a green bar. What does that mean?
savoirthyme
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:37 pm

This wouldn't happen to be a clip from a project created in a previous version of Premiere Elements would it? I've personally had similar problems:

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=8532&p=75361

As you can see I never did actually find out why it was happening, but Chuck's suggestion about the playback quality setting did help. There's actually nothing about the render process that affects the quality of the final output - it only affects how it looks during playback while editing. You might consider just ignoring it and going ahead with your project.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:38 pm

For reference;
Green above a clip shows that the clip has had a preview rendered.
Red above a clip shows that the clip needs to have a preview rendered (not required).
No color above a clip shows that the clip is native to that project preset and does not need any rendering.
This may change if you make changes to the clip, cuts, add effects, adjust opacity or scale, etc.
Then the red line may appear above all or parts of the clip.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby savoirthyme » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:08 pm

As you suggested, I went ahead and finalized the video and it's successfully on my blog now.

After I finished, I discovered the problem! I realized that the silver bar in the Timeline on the Work Area Bar was close to the beginning of the project -- precisely where it stopped rendering. So I moved it to the end of the project, hit Enter, and now the whole thing is rendered. So simple....

Thanks for your help! I have your book, which is very helpful, but it's so nice to have a place to come for things I can't find in the book. I really appreciate it.
savoirthyme
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:43 pm

savoirthyme wrote:As you suggested, I went ahead and finalized the video and it's successfully on my blog now.

After I finished, I discovered the problem! I realized that the silver bar in the Timeline on the Work Area Bar was close to the beginning of the project -- precisely where it stopped rendering. So I moved it to the end of the project, hit Enter, and now the whole thing is rendered. So simple....

Thanks for your help! I have your book, which is very helpful, but it's so nice to have a place to come for things I can't find in the book. I really appreciate it.

Yes, that's what I was referencing in the WAB post in my first reply. The silver bar you mention is the WAB. Double-clicking on it will also expand it to the length of timeline shown on the screen, or if you have the whole project showing in the timeline it will expand to cover the whole project. Glad you got it working.

Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:22 pm

I have trouble double clicking the work area bar to expand it in Version 10, doesn't work very well for me.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Double-click in an area ABOVE the head of the CTI. If you click at or below the head, then the CTI moves to where you clicked.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby LarryGB » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:I have trouble double clicking the work area bar to expand it in Version 10, doesn't work very well for me.

On another version of PrE, wasn't it discussed that the WAB if changed to render only a certain area, would not then automatically zoom to the whole timeline when you double click again. Automatic until you manually change the settings, then no more double click action! I believe it could be turned back on by editing the config file or something. Will have to check.....

Ah, here was the discussion: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/751490
Home System: Acer M460 Win7Pro-64 - 4gb Ram - E5200 2.5ghz Pent Dual Core - 160gb Boot - 500gb Data
Sanyo Xacti CG9 HDV 1280x1024 Waterproof - Adobe PrE 10.0 64bit & PsE 10.0 64bit
LarryGB
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:36 pm

LarryGB wrote:
Chuck Engels wrote:I have trouble double clicking the work area bar to expand it in Version 10, doesn't work very well for me.

On another version of PrE, wasn't it discussed that the WAB if changed to render only a certain area, would not then automatically zoom to the whole timeline when you double click again. Automatic until you manually change the settings, then no more double click action! I believe it could be turned back on by editing the config file or something. Will have to check.....

Yes, that's right Larry. It's mentioned in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8540

which is the one that I mentioned above. However, I also remember someone coming up with a change which could be done to a file with a text editor. I'm thinking it may have been Bob.

Dave McElderry

Postby LarryGB » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:Yes, that's right Larry. It's mentioned in this post:

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8540

which is the one that I mentioned above. However, I also remember someone coming up with a change which could be done to a file with a text editor. I'm thinking it may have been Bob.

Okay, that's two of us that remember that there was some kind of hack to a file that would renable the feature!

[searching diligently for file mod.....]
Home System: Acer M460 Win7Pro-64 - 4gb Ram - E5200 2.5ghz Pent Dual Core - 160gb Boot - 500gb Data
Sanyo Xacti CG9 HDV 1280x1024 Waterproof - Adobe PrE 10.0 64bit & PsE 10.0 64bit
LarryGB
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 10