They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video slow playing when title is running

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Video slow playing when title is running

Postby linz8200ga » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:58 pm

This is my first video with any version of Premiere so I am a beginner.

I am trying to put a colored recatangle with text in it over my video, similar to a what you would see on a news program showing the anchors name etc. I have figured out how to get the rectangle in, change the color and add the text. I also positioned it in my video where I would like for it to appear.

When the video plays, in the sections where I have this rectangle with text, the video slows down and goes into slow motion, all while the audio is playing just fine. Then the video will start playing fine once it is past the title, until it gets to another section where I have a rectangle inserted and it will slow down again.

I have the video in the Video 1 area and the titles (rectangles) in Video 2 area. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I just ordered Steve's book and hope that it answers this and many other questions that I am sure to have!!!

Also, I am going to be using these exact titles for many of my videos...is there a way to save just that title so that I dont have to construct my recatangle and text everytime that I want it in a new video?

Please help me. Thank you in advance!
linz8200ga
New User
New User

Re: Video slow playing when title is running

Postby Peru » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:45 pm

linz8200ga wrote:This is my first video with any version of Premiere so I am a beginner.

I am trying to put a colored recatangle with text in it over my video, similar to a what you would see on a news program showing the anchors name etc. I have figured out how to get the rectangle in, change the color and add the text. I also positioned it in my video where I would like for it to appear.

When the video plays, in the sections where I have this rectangle with text, the video slows down and goes into slow motion, all while the audio is playing just fine. Then the video will start playing fine once it is past the title, until it gets to another section where I have a rectangle inserted and it will slow down again.

Welcome to Muvipix! :wcm:

Did you make sure the Work Area Bar is over that portion of the clip and then press "enter" to render the clip for smooth playback?
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:51 pm

I agree with Peru Bob. It sounds like you just need to render your timeline by pressing the Enter key.

Render whenever you see a red line above the clips on your timeline.

And welcome to the Muvipix community!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Welcome linz to Muvipix! Steve's books are a great start. Happy editing.
:wcm:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Welcome linz! Good to have you on board. :hello2:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:16 am

Just wanted to say hello :wcm: and don't be afraid to ask away. We're here to try and help. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby linz8200ga » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:55 am

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That worked!! I was getting so worried that my computer wasnt good enough to use this program, but come to find out just a simple press of the ENTER button worked!! Thank you for the answers and warm welcome.

Is there any way to save those titles? So that when I open up a new project, I can pretty much just insert one that I have used on a previous project without making a whole new one??

Once again, thank you all!!! I am excited to get Steve's book delivered today and learn so much more!!!

:tx: :tx: :tx:
linz8200ga
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:44 am

Is there any way to save those titles? So that when I open up a new project, I can pretty much just insert one that I have used on a previous project without making a whole new one??

Select the Organize tab and then click on Project. Click on the title that you want to save. Go to File>Export>Title. Select a place for it and give it a name.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:14 pm

In version 10 there isn't an "Organize" tab anymore. "Project" is now a high-level tab. So in 10 you click the "Project" tab, then the "Media" tab.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:45 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:In version 10 there isn't an "Organize" tab anymore. "Project" is now a high-level tab. So in 10 you click the "Project" tab, then the "Media" tab.

Thanks for that RJ. I took a chance that it was the same between V9 and V10. That's what I get. :)

Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 10