They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE10 Licence

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

PE10 Licence

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi All,
Hope this is in the right spot, but it is related to 10. I was wondering if someone could explain the licence to me. Say I purchase the 10 bundle, and the licence
says it can be installed on a Primary Machine, plus a notebook or home computer. Say I installed it on my desktop, plus my hubbie's, everything is ok.
Now we have a notebook each which we use when we travel. Now we would like to have 10 on those notebooks to use when we travel. Naturally the home computers
are not being used at that time. Question how does it work. The way I read it, means I would have to buy an extra licence, which does seem stupid when 10
would only be used on any two computers at any one time. It is not as so they are being used by anyone else but my Husband and I.
Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Bubby Grub :???:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: PE10 Licence

Postby Paul LS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:26 pm

You have to activate PE10 to use it and you are only permitted two activations so you would not be able to activate it on a 3rd computer. If you want to install it on a 3rd computer you need to deactivate it from one computer and then activate it on the 3rd.

I am not sure but you may then be able to deactivate PE10 on the 3rd computer and then re-activate the previous installation to resume work on a previous project. You would need to try it out on a test project to be sure.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi Paul,
That's kind what I thought, not impressed though, considering it is only myself or my husband using it at the same time, and would not
be using the 4 at the same time. When you are not even in the same place with 4 computers, even if you deactivated each time, would be rather annoying.
Anyway thats my whinge for the day.
Thanks again
Bubby Grub
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:16 am

You do not have to uninstall, just deactivate and then activate on another computer.
It really only takes a few mouse clicks ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bubby Grub » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi Chuck
That sounds ok, no probs with that, but I am a little worried if there is a limit to the deactivating and activating. Meaning if they
were put on our two desktop computers at our home, I assume two desktops are ok. then we go up to our Holiday home, deactivate and activate accordingly,
whenever travelling occurs, is there any problem with amount of times etc.
If not then you have just made my day, I would be a very happy girl.
Thanks
Cheers
Bubby Grub
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:08 pm

To put a finer point on it, Adobe's intent is that you buy a license and they allow you to install on two machines assuming that only one will be in use at a time. For instance you bought a license. If you use are using your desktop, then your laptop is not being use. If you are using your laptop, then your desktop is not being used. If tow machines are being used simultaneously, Adobe expects that you will buy two licenses. Sorry to bring the bad news :cry: . I am not a lawyer, but I played one on TV :cool: .

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:28 pm

VernonRobinson wrote:....I am not a lawyer, but I played one on TV :cool: .

OK Vernon. 'Fess up and give us more info. :-D

Is your TV appearance on the web somewhere? It's not every day that us Muvipixers get to mix with a film star. :no:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm

OK John, you got me. The show was cancelled and the pilot was lost. The public owes someone a great debt that can never be repaid :-D .

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:38 pm

I bet he's that Matlock guy.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 10