They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Important Notes from the Read Me for PRE10

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Important Notes from the Read Me for PRE10

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:50 pm

You can open projects from previous versions of Adobe Premiere Elements in Adobe Premiere Elements 10.0. However, after you save the projects in Adobe Premiere Elements 10.0, you cannot edit them in previous versions of Adobe Premiere Elements.

You cannot import Adobe Premiere Elements 10.0 projects into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 or CS 5.5.

When capturing from HDV camcorders, you sometimes see interlace lines in the preview window, The interlace lines do not appear in the captured video

When previewing audio mixes, pops may be heard as the CTI passes form one clip to the next. These pops are not played in your exported movie.

Send to Adobe Premiere Elements 10 does not work from previous versions of Photoshop Elements.

Movies exported in H.264 format sometimes have a few white frames added to the end.
Movies exported in MPEG2 format are sometimes a few frames shorter than the original movie

You cannot use the converted catalog with earlier versions. However, when the catalog is converted, it copies the data into a new catalog file, and the original castalog file remains unchanged. You can continue to use the original catalog in earlier versions.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Important Notes from the Read Me for PRE10

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:09 am

Well, I very much DISAGREE that you can open previous version project files in Premiere Elements 10.

I've done okay opening version 9 files in version 10. They seem to be pretty close.

But I sure wouldn't recommend doing it if you don't keep a backup of your original project file. And I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it with a version older than version 9! It almost always leads to problems!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 am

The key is to be sure and make a copy or two of the original project file - ALWAYS.
That way you always have a way to continue editing in the old version.

Once you open a project in a new version that file can never be opened in the original version again.
As long as you save a copy (or two) of the Premiere Elements project file, it will be the file with the project name followed by .prel and will be located in the main folder for your project, you can always go back to your old version if things don't work out.

I have been pretty successful opening prior versions in version 10 and in Premiere Pro.
But I always have a copy just in case something goes wrong ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Well, I very much DISAGREE that you can open previous version project files in Premiere Elements 10.

I've done okay opening version 9 files in version 10. They seem to be pretty close.

But I sure wouldn't recommend doing it if you don't keep a backup of your original project file. And I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it with a version older than version 9! It almost always leads to problems!

Yes, I noted that you made that very clear in a highlighted sidebar in your book, where you wrote that one should finish one's project with the version of PRE that one started it with. The gist was: always open project (PREL) files with the version that was used to create the file if one wishes to avoid :pull:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 pm

George said:
Yes, I noted that you made that very clear in a highlighted sidebar in your book, where you wrote that one should finish one's project with the version of PRE that one started it with. The gist was: always open project (PREL) files with the version that was used to create the file if one wishes to avoid :pull:

And good advice it is, too. I learned that the hard way once and won't forget it! ](*,)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby anywhereanytime » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:44 pm

You cannot import Adobe Premiere Elements 10.0 projects into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 or CS 5.5.

I thought "I read" that PE "COULD" be used to move projects to CS 5.5?

Did I mis-read this ... was this ever possible but just NOT in PE 10?

Is there any work around as we can see a trmendous value in doing draft work in PE and finishing in CS 5.5?

Thanks,

Scott
anywhereanytime
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 10