They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements 10

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Re: Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements 10

Postby cincinedit » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:46 pm

I have done some work on my sons football games this weekend and PE 10 does handle the Avchd files MUCH better than PE9. I have a Sony HD (film in 1440 x 1080)camcorder and about a month ago I was asking a bunch a questions here about field issues and why the picture was out of sync and uploading problems to photohop.com The only way I could get PE 9 to work with my files was experimenting with all of the settings and for some reason avchd lite worked the best :pull:

Now with PE 10 I seem to have none of those issues and can upload videos to photoshop.com without any problems. :TU:

I am running windows7 home premium with i7-920 with 6 GB ram. The program still seems to pause from time to time. I have already placed an order to replace the ram and upgrade to 12GB. When I film football games I can end up with 70-90 files per game. So I will report back if that helps
cincinedit

Postby joper » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:27 pm

Could any of you nice people inform us if Adobe has brought back the GPU Transitions in Premiere Elements 10 please.

I really missed those in PE 9.

I think the best layout was Elements 2. After that Adobe stuffed it up.

Peace,
John P
joper
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:00 am

joper wrote:.....I think the best layout was Elements 2.....John P

Hi John and welcome to Muvipix. :wcm:

Can't answer your first question I am afraid but I wholeheatedly support your view about PrElv2.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 am

Sorry, John. Adobe decided that GPU transitions were causing more problems than they were worth. They removed them along with the GPU effects and replaced them with some very nice effects and transitions from NewBlue.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby joper » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:41 pm

Thank you Steve for the reply.

Looks like I won't be getting Version 10 then. I will be sticking to Version 7 which still has the GPU transitions.

I think Premier Elements goes backwards with each new version. Maybe it is time I changed to Vagas.

Peace,
John P
joper
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 pm

It's never disloyal to go where your needs are met, John.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Despite the fact that 10 changes the operating system "date modified" attribute of my source files (which I have now set as Read-Only), this version 10 has a very cool tool that I just tried, the "Pan and Zoom" tool. You get a large work area in which to drag and resize rectangles to define the pan path and zoom levels. Zooming in on a specific area is very easy. This tool alone may make upgrading worthwhile.

Something that has always caused trouble for me in all prior versions is exporting (sharing) to DivX, under the Microsoft AVI format in Advanced settings. I haven't had any glitches or artifacts in my rendered files this time. I was hoping that I could pair DivX with MP3 audio, but only PCM uncompressed audio is available.

I was able to install most of my NewBlueFX plug-ins -- Video Essentials 2, 4, and 5. Their $99 Stabilizer doesn't work in this version. Prodad Mercalli 2.0 installed and works. When installing the NewBlueFX plug-ins, I had to select Premiere Elements 9 as an install option, and then add a path to the version 10 plug-in en_us folder. The first time I tried intalling the plug-ins, I selected just the Premiere (no version) option which presented me with the Version 7 plug-in path, at which time I added the version 10 plug-in en_us path. The plug-ins didn't show up in the Effects list doing it that way.

Adobe fixed a very annoying bug introduced in version 9 where the time remaining progress bar made it difficult to determine when rendering a preview would be finished, although the remaining time still starts off with negative values.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ayla » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi, does anyone know if Sony's full HD AVCHD format is compatible with Premier Elements 10 ?
ayla
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Yep, it is. As long as it's the standard camcorder format (60i/30i) and not 60p.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 10