They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Batch rendering in Vegas Pro10 64-bit | Crop

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Batch rendering in Vegas Pro10 64-bit | Crop

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Hello

Please I'd like to know if Vegas Pro supporting batch convert for several projects one after another or not.

Also I am sure that Vegas supporting crop effects but can not figure it out.

Thanks and much appreciated.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Batch rendering in Vegas Pro10 64-bit | Crop

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 pm

There is a plug-in offered for batch conversions:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/veg ... tchprocess
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 pm

That was really a very fast reply

Please regarding the crop issue?

Also during the rendering, is it possible to hide the preview? and if it is being hide will it decrease the time consumed to finish the rendering or does not makes any differ?

One last thing regarding the plug-in you mentioned, does it working the same way as Adobe Media Encoder for Premiere (I mean regarding handling various projects and sequences one after another in a queue?)
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 am

When I am using adobe Premiere I used to do everything to the project and then export each sequence to queue and after finishing all my project I run the media encoder queue to finish the job on it is on.

Regarding this plug-in for vegas, is it working the same way?
For example, let's say I've added 2 video files and an image logo to the project time line and did all settings I want, can I export or save the project, then start a new project ...etc then use this plug-in to render all projects one after another the same way Adobe Media Encoder !?

Please advise as this is really urgently needed.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:27 am

I don't have Production Assistant 2.0, but I do have Production Assistant 1.0, and I can batch process Vegas (.veg) projects as well as individual video files.

I don't have Premiere with which to compare products, but what you describe sounds very similar to what you can do with Vegas Pro 10 AND the Production Assistant or Vegasaur. I have both extensions to Vegas and prefer Vegasaur. It costs one-half of what Producton Assistant costs. http://www.vegasaur.com

Are you trying to encode to Real Media?
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 am

I have Production Assistant 2.0. , but was not able to import the .veg into it to encode it, it seems that I am still miss something.

I'm trying to encode to Real Media yes, and wonder if I may encode to .avi or not with a small size.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:24 am

In Production Assistant, after you click the "Add" button to add ".veg" projects to the batch list, the .VEG files will not be available for selection until you drop down the list for "Files of type" and select "(All files *.*)". After you do that, then the .veg project files will show in the explorer list and be available for selection.

Real Media 9 is one of the main formats you can render to. But before doing batch processing in Production Assistant, you will need to create a custom Real Media profile as the settings you wish, and save the profile with a new profile name. That custom profile will then be available for choosing in Production Assistant.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually comparing both Vegas and Premiere regarding encoding time goes towards Vegas as it is consuming a less time.

How do you know such a lot of information - god bless you - and if I want to use Vegas more productively and use it efficiently?

Thanks a lot

Really I am glad and pleased to be a member here at MuviPIX and value my membership here and all members around.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm so glad I could help.

Steve has written a book on Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 which contains a subset of Vegas Pro 10. http://muvipix.com/vms11.php. Then to learn the Vegas Pro features you can watch the training videos on Sony Creative Software's web site, a lot of them are free: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/training.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Does there is something written specially for Vegas Pro?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:In Production Assistant, after you click the "Add" button to add ".veg" projects to the batch list, the .VEG files will not be available for selection until you drop down the list for "Files of type" and select "(All files *.*)". After you do that, then the .veg project files will show in the explorer list and be available for selection.

Real Media 9 is one of the main formats you can render to. But before doing batch processing in Production Assistant, you will need to create a custom Real Media profile as the settings you wish, and save the profile with a new profile name. That custom profile will then be available for choosing in Production Assistant.

Please where exactly in help I can learn more about this , as I am not quit sure that I am understanding it.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:34 pm

The Production Assistant User Guide is in the same folder as the Production Assistant application, probably c:\Program Files\Sony\Production Assistant 2.0.

In Help, go to the Index and look under "Render As" and "Custom Rendering Templates".

To create a custom template (profile) for Real Media, you go through the same procedure as you normally would to render a file, except after saving the custom template (profile) you just cancel the rest of the rendering and don't create an actual file:

1. Put an event (clip or generated media) of any kind on the timeline.
2. Select from the menu File > Render As...
3. After the "Render As" window opens, select "Real Media 9 (*.rm)" from the "Save as Type" drop down list.
4. Click the "Custom..." button.
5. Next, configure the settings as you wish.
6. When finished configuring the settings, give the template a new name and click the "save" icon.
7. Click the "Cancel" button.
Now you can open the Production Assistant to set up batch processing. The custom profile you just created will be in a list.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:16 pm

But before I hit the render as option I did some customization like cropping and add some clips together.

let's assume that the source file titled Source.MPG, then I've imported it into Vegas time line (event), then did the crop, then render as and did the template as you mentioned.

Then I save the project as a .veg, right?

Then open the production assistant (now, will I import the .veg? or import the Source.MPG?, or import the cutom .RM profile I've just created?)

Please advise as I am a bit confused about such a thing.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:40 pm

You will import the .veg file into Production Assistant.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Vegas