They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Here I go again..this time with New Blue

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Here I go again..this time with New Blue

Postby BuddyB » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Well, I'm fighting with Titler, and it won't preview properly in Movie Studio 13. I'm trying to follow New Blue's rep suggestions, but things do not look, in MS, the way he describes (You can also get faster Previews in Vegas by going to the Settings menu in Titler and unchecking the "High quality preview" option. Then in Vegas, change your preview mode to something like "Preview (Auto)". And you might also try doing a RAM-Render over that area.), but all I've managed to do so far is turn off the video and can't figure how to get it back. I didn't mute anything, and the audio plays perfectly. Mainly Titler has been a pain-the-Bazooka to say the least. Any thoughts appreciated.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Here I go again..this time with New Blue

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm

I have heard that they've fixed the NewBlue Pro EX titler so that it works with Movie Studio 13, but I haven't tried it yet.

I had to uninstall the titler so that the program would even install properly -- so I didn't want to mess with it once I got things working.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I didn't want to mess with it once I got things working.

You could create a clone and then mess with that... :mrgreen:
Peru

Postby BuddyB » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:15 pm

:ha: Well I messed with it "And this is a fine mess you've gotten us into this time Ollie." I'm waiting on on Sony for a fix, hopefully in the morning. I just can't get the video part to display, and it doesn't matter what I have done. I don't believe the New Blue rep is really that familiar with Sony and he's really trying hard to help, very responsive. It's my fault for trying to follow what he told me to do. All this over a 2 second clip.
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby BuddyB » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:48 pm

:no: Here's the bottom line for me and New Blue and Movie Studio 13: I simply cannot recommend it to anyone with Sony product. I do not want to be unfair, and the people at New Blue have tried to help, apparently the best they can. Titler corrupted everything in one project, coming in on top of video tracks, and the Titler preps would show up in the weirdest places and I couldn't tell where the miscreant was coming from. Even uninstalling New Blue its ghost was still there lurking and laughing, daring me to try something. Finally I had to uninstall MS13 and re-install. Now, everything is fine again, so I'm a relatively happy camper, short of the disappointment of not being able to use Titler. If you have it on your system be wary, and if there are answers contrary to my experience I'd love to hear them. I would love to be a New Blue and Titler fan. It looks like it could be dynamite.

I will tell New Blue of my experiences, which amounts to a great deal more than I've covered above. I could not see things the NB rep was telling me, and where they were supposed to be, and at the location. Again, in fairness I don't have a great deal of mileage in this stuff yet, so my level of knowledge could have at least played a little part in this Titanic adventure.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:22 am

Thanks for the report from the field, Buddy. Though I'm sorry for your challenges.

NewBlue remains one of the best effects companies in the world -- and they've got some of the most responsive customer service I've ever encountered. But their effects just don't jibe with Movie Studio 13 for some reason.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

As a side note, I had to remove all New Blue stuff from my computer in order to get Movie Studio Platinum 13 to even load up. Once I removed the new blue program(s) Movie Studio worked just fine.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:19 pm

This was my experience also, unfortunately.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:02 am

I took the plunge, because as Steve said this was supposed to be fixed, and installed the NewBlue MSPPS13 version dated 140117 into Movie Studio Platinum 13 (Suite version). I have NBTitlerPro 1.0 from Vegas Pro 11/12 (MSP 12 and 13 integrate it as a demo of course), so I knew to expect incompatibility problems anyway at least and some of this does not apply as such to the installs without NBTitlerPro.

Btw, this may or may not help in some install problems.
http://www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/517-movie-studio-platinum-13-not-booting-up

It did install (in MSP 13 and MSP 12). Though I did not reboot, the TitlerEx part opened but behaved very erratically and unpredictably, just as BuddyB comments. I then rebooted and the TitlerEx part started giving me TitlerPro demo, when I added it from the Media Generator window. Plug-in Chooser windows didn't even show TitlerEx. If I drag and drop TitlerEx from the VideoFX window onto the event on the timeline, it somehow seems to work. To work around some of the no keyframing issue, you need to split the event(s) accordingly. The six videoFX and four transitions seem to work. Same in Vegas Pro 12.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50473571/NBTExMSS13goesPro1Demo.JPG

As we've noticed our mileages do vary and I may have different experiences tomorrow. Certainly did with MSP 12 and my previous install of TitlerEx, which I had to ultimately uninstall altogether.

I used the latest versions/builds of the NB add-ons. Laptop with i3, 4GB ram, nVidia GT 320M and driver 301.42/notebook. I could take this to the fine NBFX Support, but I expect they'd tell me to update the driver (and probably the set-up as well). Most of the other stuff "ain't broke", so...
vkmast

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks for the "real world" report, vk!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Update to my post above. As I suspected there,
I may have different experiences tomorrow. Certainly did with MSP 12 and my previous install of TitlerEx, which I had to ultimately uninstall altogether.

I got incompatibility problems again later. Titler Pro 1 appears to have gone missing and TitlerEx seems to have taken over. I contacted the NBFX Support and they promptly replied. The advice again is to uninstall both and then install only one or the other.
vkmast

Postby BuddyB » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:34 pm

At this point I'm afraid to give NB another shot. I have the link for the the file that installed NB without messing up, but once set that's when the complications began. Plus, once I uninstalled it left ghosts I had to hunt down and clean. :(
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Vegas