They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

In Vegas 10 something happened..

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

In Vegas 10 something happened..

Postby BuddyB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:01 pm

And I'm not sure. I cannot get the Audio Mixer up at the same time as the Preview. When I try to mute one track it mutes them all. Also I'd like to separate the audio track from the video so I can delete the entire track. I'm trying to finish up this project before I dive into 13, and right now I'm scratching my head. :conf:
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: In Vegas 10 something happened..

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Not quite sure what you're asking, Buddy.

First, when you say you're using Vegas 10, you mean Vegas Movie Studio 10, right? Not Pro 10.

I'm not sure why you can't get your Audio Mixer open at the same time as the Preview audio meter. Can't you just go to the View/Window menu and ensure the Master Bus is checked, and go to the View menu and ensure that the Mixer Preview Fader is checked? (You may need to widen the panel to the right of the Video Preview window to see them both at once.)

Are you saying that when you mute one audio track, all of your audio tracks get muted -- and not just all of the events on that track?

And you should be able to delete an entire audio track just be right-clicking on the track header and selecting Delete Track.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:29 am

BuddyB, if you have several tracks selected (check your track headers), muting one mutes them all.

Btw, remember that you can get instant context-sensitive help, if you click the What's This Help button (furthest to the right on the Toolbar) and click a part of the interface. It's a very useful feature.
vkmast

Postby BuddyB » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:40 am

No it's not Pro 10. When I try to mute the audio everything mutes, video as well. Will check View/Window. I will do the Track Header thing . Thanks Steve and VK; will let you know how this turns out......time lapse. Made all the changes and it's back to normal. I don't know how things changed. I guess in my rush to complete the piece I hit some things that messed everything up. This cowboy shoots from the hip, and unfortunately I do myself in on occasion. Thanks again.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Vegas