They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Unfamiliar Time Stamp

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Unfamiliar Time Stamp

Postby super8guy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:04 pm

When the cursor is at the beginning of the timeline (TL) this is the readout: 01-02:13:63 There only is 14 minutes of media on the timeline. When I hit "go to the end" of the timeline I get this: 01+49:58:55 However there is nothing observable on the timeline between the end of my media at 01+14:00:00 and when I hit the go to the end command. At the end I see a rectangular salmon colored icon on the top of the TL with a dashed vertical line extending downward. Something is positioned when my media stops and what MSPS v12 designates as the end. What gives?

What's more, when I try to upload to youtube, I get a disproportionately (for a 14 min length of media w/ minimal effects) large amount of time required to upload, so I haven't even tried that. This is telling me I have something b/t the end of my media, and what MSPS designates as it's end. What gives?

Background: I placed vid from two separate cameras (a Sony HDR-SR11 and a Contour) on the timeline. Used the Contour footage as cutaways to supplement the primary Sony camera. I utilized the Sony's soundtrack and deleted the Contours'.

(In over my head as usual, yet I am committed & and at times like these think I prolly should be Committed ;) to using MSPS. I even bought another copy in anticipation of buying another laptop!)
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Re: Unfamiliar Time Stamp

Postby Peru » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't have Vegas, so I'm just guessing, but could it be that there is a stray audio file, rather than a stray video file, hiding in the timeline?
Peru

Postby Kent Frost » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Not sure why it's doing that, but my recommendation would be to put markers at the beginning and end of the points in the timeline where you want the actual project to start and stop by putting the cursor at those points and hitting the M key, double-click just above the timeline between those markers to highlight that area, then when you go to render your file, be sure to click the box that says "Render Loop Region Only". This way only that highlighted area is what gets rendered.
Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-Bit Win7. Camera gear: 2x Canon 550D's, 1x Canon EOS 6D body, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 & 17-50mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 & 24-70mm f/2.8L, and two 420EX flashes.
Kent Frost

Postby super8guy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Thanks for both of your suggestions.

I put markers at the beginning and the end of the observable media and then proceeded to command a youtube upload and this time I got a much smaller (by about 250MB) file to upload. Good workaround!

Yes, Peru, good hint. I believe there must be lurking audio at the end of the observable media. I just don't know how to positively verify it's there or delete it. Good diagnostic skills, and you don't even utilize MSPS!
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Return to Vegas