They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Red screen on time line

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Re: Red screen on time line

Postby Collene » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:18 am

Okay. Thanks for the quick reply.
Computer: Toshiba Qosimo X505 Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2410M CPU@2.30 GHz Ram 8 GB 64 Bit Operating System Camera: Canon EOS 7D Video Camera: Canon Vixia HF s21 Software: Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10.0 HD Platinum
Collene

Location: A little south of Minnesota's extreme north in the USA

Postby vkmast » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:04 am

From SCS Knowledgebase
A 32 bit application installed to a 64 bit OS is running up against a built-in memory limitation, the same of which would be enforced by a 32 bit OS. Current and previous 32 bit versions of Microsoft Windows can only allocate a maximum of 2 GB of memory to each running process, regardless how much real or virtual memory is available on a particular machine.

A 64 bit application installed to a 64 bit system is not subject to the same memory limitation. Currently, 64 bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7 support up to 192 GB of installed memory.

VMSP 10 is 32-bit. Get MSP 12 64-bit. Pronto.
vkmast

Postby Bob » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:33 pm

...render failed due to low memory. How can I have low memory? I have 8 GB of RAM, and 226 GB of free space out of 452 GB on my computers hard drive .

Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10.0 HD Platinum is a 32-bit application and that limits the amount of memory it can use. 32-bit applications can only address 4GB and only about half of that is actually usable directly by the application and that has to hold the program code and the video data. It's fairly easy to exhaust the memory if you are working with avchd.

I'm not a Vegas user, but I think I read that you can reduce the preview resolution. If so, instead of using full resolution previews, set it to half resolution -- this will reduce the memory and cpu requirements. This only affects the quality of the preview image and not the resolution of the exported video.
Bob

Postby Kent Frost » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:20 am

Give this a shot. This was something I discovered a few months ago and it seems to have fixed some of my rendering problems:

Go to the Options menu, and click "Preferences" down at the very bottom.
Once the window pops up, click on the "Video" tab.
You'll see at the very top of that window where it says "Dynamic RAM Preview max (MB)". Set that to a relatively low number. Mine is set to 33, for example.
Underneath that, it says "Maximum number of rendering threads". Set that to 1.

It was explained to me that the Sony software doesn't always recognize your video card correctly depending on which one you have, and so if these are set to high-enough settings, your renders go wonky and fail constantly. Not sure if this will fix your problem, but it's worth a shot.
Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-Bit Win7. Camera gear: 2x Canon 550D's, 1x Canon EOS 6D body, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 & 17-50mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 & 24-70mm f/2.8L, and two 420EX flashes.
Kent Frost

Previous

Return to Vegas