They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

exporting

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

exporting

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi Guys,
Recently I have had the opportunity to come across and acquire Sony Vegas 12 Platinum. It is certainly a little bit
of a learning curve for me which I am enjoying, being very use to Premier Elements for a few years. This morning I
have spent just basically playing around just getting use to where everything is. I will order Steve's book, but in the meantime
I have a quick question. Say I found a particular pre-set title that I have set up to what I want, and now I want to export it out
to use in a PE project, basically just by mucking about I found away to do that, but my problem is I want the background transparent
that is where I am afraid I am lost, please help probably a very basic question and something I should know but I seem to be lost. Any
help greatly appreciated. I plan on in the long run being able to use both programs to achieve different things I want.
Sorry one more question, can I change the color of the interface a little
Bubby Grub :exc:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: exporting

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Probably similar to Vegas movie studio which I have. Project>>Render As
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks that is where I found to export it - "Render as" but with a little different wording, problem is I can't find anything
about transparency, probably missing something. BG
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:41 am

I have the Pro version, but the procedure for rendering a transparent video should be similar in the Studio version.

For transparency you need uncompressed video. There isn't a preset for Uncompressed AVI, so you will have to modify an existing preset under "Video For Windows (.avi)." I selected "NTSC SD YUV" because that allows you to set the frame size. Some of the presets have fixed frame sizes, so avoid those.

Render As > Video for Windows (.avi) > "NTSC SD YUV"

If there isn't a "NTSC SD YUV" preset, try one of the others.

Then change the settings, starting with the frame size, so they look like this:

Transparency.JPG

Scroll down if necessary so you can see the rest of the image showing the alpha channel option.

You need to put a checkmark next to the "Alpha channel" option. That is where the transparency comes from.

You can change the template name at the top of the form, and save it as a custom preset.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:06 am

Hi RJ
That worked thanks so much for the detailed instructions much appreciated.
Just one more question if I may can I change the interface color say just to a little lighter grey for example.
Bubby Grub
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:10 am

I can change the color scheme to a light gray by going into the Internal settings:

Hold down Shift key while selecting Options > Preferences

Click on the Internal Tab

In the "Show Only Prefs Containing" search box at the bottom, type in "Use skins file" without the quotes.

Change Value from FALSE to TRUE.

Click Apply, then click OK.

Restart Vegas. You should have a light gray user interface.

Instead of typing "Use Skins file" in the Internal search box, type in "color" without the quotes and you'll get a list of stuff involving colors. I haven't done anything with those except change the "Empty track color" from gray to yellow (400000F to 300000F).

There are also some options on the Display tab in Preferences. You can deselect "Use Vegas color scheme" and you will get the Windows color scheme upon restart, supposedly.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi RJ
Thank you once again, that worked, I had spotted the track colors etc earlier, but did not realise about the other part.
Thanks again BG :TU:
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Vegas