They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Copying, cutting and pasting issue

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Copying, cutting and pasting issue

Postby BuddyB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm

I've boogered a section of a movie I'm working on. I've gone to the basic frames and lengthened the event, but that section is no longer there. So, brilliant me, I opened an older version of the movie, did 2 splits to chop that section out did a cut, then opened the current movie and the paste function was not available to me. I'm presuming that you can only move an event in the same movie your working on..or I'm flat missing something. I guess the question is if you want a section of one movie into another movie is there a process I'm missing?
Thanks, BuddyB
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Copying, cutting and pasting issue

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm

I believe, in order to cut and paste between projects, you must have both projects open at the same time.

To do that, you have to open the program twice (which creates two "instances" of the program), one of which you use to open one project, the other of which you use to open the other.

BTW, I'm currently working on a course for Lynda.com for Vegas Pro (which is about 95% applicable also to Movie Studio). I'll be recording it in May with likely a summer release. Hope you'll keep your eye out for it!

Meantime, I don't know if you're using Vegas Pro or Movie Studio -- but have you checked out our Movie Studio 12 book? It offers answers to a lot of questions like the one you just asked. (We also have books on Vegas Movie Studio 10 and 11.)
http://Muvipix.com/sms12.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby BuddyB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:52 pm

I will be buying the book soon. Just waiting for payday. Thanks for the input. I'm using Movie Studio HD 10.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:16 pm

There is an "internal" preferences setting that will allow you to copy from one project to another, even in another instance of Vegas.

"Empty clipboard when closing projects" is the setting.

To get to the Internal settings you have to hold down the shift key when you click on the menu item "Options > Preferences." That will expose the "Internal" tab, which you need to select. Enter "clip" (without the quotes) in the search box at the bottom of the tab to narrow the items down to only those with "clipboard" in the description. You can change the setting from TRUE to FALSE by typing it in.

(Vegas Pro 12).
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Vegas