They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

how to type in long rolling title

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

how to type in long rolling title

Postby bsmiles » Sun May 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi Steve, I bought your book but am not seeing solution.

I want to have a long title, but the screen will not allow me to see many lines
so I am limited to a title that I am able to see. How do I put in a longer title and edit
it, (be able to see it)

while I have you, why does the CTI sometimes not move. all is rendered....
thanks,
Ray
bsmiles
New User
New User

Re: how to type in long rolling title

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon May 09, 2011 2:09 am

Hi Ray and welcome to Muvipix.

Two suggestions.

Firstly the obvious one - does changing the font size help?
Second suggestion; create the title then use Motion>Scale to change the size of the complete title.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon May 09, 2011 2:36 am

Welcome Ray! :meet:

If this is not a rolling title then John's suggestions are appropriate. What you see is what you get, so if the title doesn't fit in the window the text is too big or there's too much of it. If, however, you're talking about a rolling title then you first have to click on the Roll/Crawl Options button. A vertical scroll bar will then appear to the right of the title window, allowing you to scroll through all the lines that you create.

Your CTI problem may have to do with system specs. It's possible that your system is somewhat underpowered for the program. You might want to post your specs so we can take a look at them.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

more questions, font, youtube, memory

Postby bsmiles » Thu May 12, 2011 11:39 am

thanks for your help.

My newest question is, how do I save a new text font and size as the default??? so I don't have to set it up EVERY time.

Friends, my goal is to be able to create a movie I can post online at hosting sites for full length movies.
So any tips on that appreciated

I can't figure out how some people are able to post long movies on youtube???

the program shuts down often. I read in book that working with titles takes lots of memory,
so should I render them immediately?

Here are my specs.
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.100218-0019)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2814MB RAM
Page File: 2199MB used, 4987MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (0x9612)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9612&SUBSYS_30FC103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 1404 MB
Dedicated Memory: 253 MB
Shared Memory: 1150 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: atidxx32.dll,atidxx64,atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.cap,atiumd64,atiumd6a,atitmm64
Driver Version: 7.15.0010.0163 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
bsmiles
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 12, 2011 11:53 am

Once you've saved your title's font as a Text Style, it's easy to make it your default. Just right-click on the Text Style and select the option.

As for making longer videos for YouTube -- YouTube does have a file size limit, but most people have found they can produce up to a 20 minute video using this method:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549?tstart=0

You should check out our books! Lots of your basic questions are answered in them.
http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 pm

We also have tutorials that cover many subjects, like Rolling Titles.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
Some are free and some are subscription only, but the training subscription is only
$19.95 for Two Months of unlimited access to all training and learning materials and tutorials
http://muvipix.com/subscribe.php
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bsmiles » Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

thank you chuck and steve

so did you see any problems with my computer.

I have another computer with 2 gig memory, and wondering if that will handle Elements 9?
What is the restricting component?

I have the elements 9 book. I haven't memorized it yet :)
The book, if you reprint it, could use questions and troubleshooting for each chapter.

My question now, is how to clean up very small audio sounds between clips?
I know, you have tutorial, sorry.

One last question, there is a white vertical bar at top of timeline it looks
like a book end and can slide left and right used for what? What is that called.

One more, what is fast way to scroll left and right on timeline other than dragging at bottom.

thanks,

ray
bsmiles
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu May 12, 2011 12:42 pm

The computer specs of your laptop are Ok, but it will depend on the video format. If your project is still images and standard definition video there won't be any problems at all. If you use High Definition video then you will probably run into some issues with performance and crashing, this is due to the processor not system memory or video memory necessarily.

I have a core 2 duo 2.0ghz laptop and editing SD video is not a problem at all, AVCHD High Definition is painful to say the least. High Definition MPEG files are not too bad but still slow going.

To edit High Definition it is really best to use a computer with a quad core processor.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

solution found and questions.. how to type in long rolling t

Postby bsmiles » Mon May 16, 2011 12:49 am

Dear Chuck and Steve,

I am downloading youtubes and getting clips for a longer full length documentary that I want to
put out there. So I am doing it HD with idea that I am getting best quality that way.

Any advice on this please let me know.

As far as long scroll, here is what I discovered.

When I pull up Title display, I seem to be limited to what I can see, but if I type further, I can use the
top pointer ( not the text tool) to make the text box bigger at bottom, allowing me to add more text. I can keep doing this. By grabbing the scroll box on right and going up and down once, expecially with pointer, it will bring up bottom of text if I want to edit later. I can keep adding on and on, making it quite long this way. Dragging up and down on right scroll box and manually making text box longer worked for me.

I want to know if other languages are available for subtitles, and if this would be just added as
titles for each clip?

Big question.... can you think of a way that a clock that tracks the minutes and seconds of movie could be added to bottom. This way, it would be very difficult to alter the movie by others.

thanks,
Ray
bsmiles
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 16, 2011 7:21 am

I think we should start a new topic with this, Ray, because you'll have a whole new set of issues to deal with in this workflow.

For instance, what software are you using to download the video from YouTube? What format is it being stored as in your computer? If you open it in a program like G Spot, what specs does the video show?

Also, remember that YouTube has been compressed pretty heavily to flow from their web site. That's lost quality you'll never get back. Particularly in a hi-def project. It's not going to be pretty.

There are also issues of digital rights and whether or not you can legally use video downloaded from YouTube.

So as you can see, there's lots to consider. That's why this probably deserves to be its own separate thread.

In fact, if you'd like, we can split this topic off for you and create a new thread.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Mon May 16, 2011 7:25 pm

For long Rolling Titles, here is my workflow:

First, I create the text for the Title in a wordprocessor, like Word, use Spellchecker, but do not really format, beyond Line Breaks.

Next, I go to Photoshop, and choose a Video Preset at New Image, that matches my Project w/ Guides. This will create a New Image, at the Project's Frame Size, both vertically and horizontally, but we'll change that in a moment. That process also puts Title Safe and Action Safe Guides onto the Image, just in case there is any overscan.

Now, to handle my long Title, I change the Canvas Size to a vertical height to accommodate the long text. This can be up to 4096 pixels in PrE and PrPro up to CS4. With CS5/CS5.5 it can be longer. I then create a Paragraph Text Box, set my Justification, etc., and Copy/Paste the text from my Word document. I adjust the attributes of that text with my Characters Palette settings. If I made the Canvas too long, I then Crop to what is needed.

I then do a Save_As PSD, and Import that into my NLE program. I set its Duration, as is necessary, and then use the fixed Effect>Motion>Position to animate it.

I think that PSE can do all of that too, but do not have that program to check.

Good luck, and hope that this helps,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bsmiles » Wed May 18, 2011 7:47 pm

thanks Hunt. I don't have photoshop.
My way is arduous but okay.

thanks
bsmiles
New User