They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Larry has a couple of question getting started with ele9

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Larry has a couple of question getting started with ele9

Postby milad018 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:25 am

I am new to this forum, got the premiere elements 9 , I have boxes of pictures and jpg's that I am trying to put into a dvd slide show with effects and such. After resize to 1000x750 I want to display on my tv to the whole screen ect. Also is there a limit on how many jpgs you can output with Instant movie? and if you create a slide show is there a limit.--I had 163 and it left out the two short movie clips I added pluse several of the jpgs...
I am really new to this world and also not a pro at any of this, just scan pic's to jpgs i took with my old 2 1/4 . I also have gotten a Cannone EOSD60 that I am starting to learn abt...
Larry
milad018
New User
New User

Re: Larry has a couple of question getting started with ele9

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:05 am

Hi, Larry. Welcome to the forum and to Muvipix!

May I suggest we move your question to our Premiere Elements 9 forum? You're more likely to get your questions answered there.

I don't know that there's a limit to the number of slides you can use with a Movie Theme. It might be an interesting experiment to find out!

Otherwise, you look to be on the right track (resizing your photos to 1000x750, for instance) to a successful video production.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi, Larry!

I don't recall any limit on the number of items you can include in an instant movie. Be aware though that the final step of instant movie creation ("customize this theme") has a couple of options that can omit items. If you choose "Smart Tagging", the software will analyze the the items and omit those it identifies as out of focus, for example. "Duration" may also limit the number of items. I think the default duration is "match music". With that setting, it will only use as many items as will fit within the length of the music. Likewise if you set a specific duration. Use the third option "use all clips".

There is no limit to the number of clips you can place in a regular movie. However, since you are going to make a dvd, there is a limitation due to the recording capacity of the dvd. We can't give you a hard number because it depends on the nature of the clips and how much space they will take when encoded and compressed. As a rule of thumb, a standard dvd will be able to hold an hour of video content with high quality. By increasing the compression, you will lower the quality but allow a longer video to fit. Many people will place an hour and a half or even up to two hours with good results. Beyond that, the compression is definitely high enough for many to notice the loss of quality. Personally, I normally stay in the one to one and a half hour range. If you have 5 seconds per jpg, one hour will give you about 720 jpgs. If you also include movie clips, the number of jpgs will be lower.
Bob

Postby milad018 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:06 pm

I put about 30 pictures at I resized out as a slide show, I resized them correctly, when I output them to the dvd and select widescreen tv option, the menu goes to wide screen then when I select to play all the slides show up as not wide screen. What is going on and how can I get them to display using the whole screen of my 1080HD tV ? ...
Larry
milad018
New User
New User

Postby Barb O » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:33 pm

milad018 wrote:I put about 30 pictures at I resized out as a slide show, I resized them correctly, when I output them to the dvd and select widescreen tv option, the menu goes to wide screen then when I select to play all the slides show up as not wide screen. What is going on and how can I get them to display using the whole screen of my 1080HD tV ? ...

Larry,
What are you seeing on your widescreen TV - is it black bars (sections of the screen) to the left and right of your photos ?

Steve Grisetti,
I would expect that if I wanted widescreen TV playback from a DVD, I would
1 -- crop and resize the photos to approximately 1200 x 675 square megapixels (for close to the 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio) before adding the photo files to the Premiere Elements project
2 -- I would make my Premiere Elements project setting to be SD and widescreen
and also I have a question
-- when my project is SD Widescreen, if I need any special settings when creating the DVD ?

Note: if I thought that in the future I might be making High Def outputs, in my step 1 I might instead make the photo files the 2200x1235 pixels recommended for highdef slide shows. However, I do realize that it would require a more powerful PC in order to process the higher resolution files.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 pm

You've definitely got a workable plan, Barb.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9