They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Re Installing PE 9

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Re Installing PE 9

Postby videocreater » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:18 pm

is There any Tips For installing PE 9. i un-installed it. due to me having troubles getting it to work with my cam. yes my cam and firewire were tested on someone elses computer. and it worked the second time. is PE 9 Rely Picky being on a Mac/Apple Computer ?
videocreater

Re: Re Installing PE 9

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 am

Premiere Elements 9 should work nearly flawlessly on an OSX 10.6.6 Mac, Don.

But it may be worth contacting Adobe Tech Support if you're having problems. If the people who answer the phone can't help you (They just work from scripts and FAQs), demand to speak to a supervisor. They'll work with you until it gets fixed.

The only issue I know of is occasional conflicts with Bridge, if it's running in the background when you try to install Premiere Elements.

Glad to know it's working now!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videocreater » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 am

i know it should work. i have already tried contacting Adobe about this Problem and so Far No Reply from them. i posted it in Their Forums and on FaceBook. i googled my Problem and came up with a site called Muvipix.com you should try the site it is Realy Great for Help. i bought PE 9 so i could get used to it and so that i can use After Effects with PE 9 too. i keep spending money on software that is not getting used. i have like $1,500.00 alone in final cut studio and i have not even done anything on it. is there any Do's or Don't's when Installing PE 9. i was also getting kind of a White Start up screen except the top was the Dark Grey/Gray or what ever Color it is called.
videocreater

Postby videocreater » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Steve i just got Done. Re-Installing PRE 9 any Tips or Tricks i should know on what to do Next ?
videocreater

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:40 am

I'm not sure what steps you've taken, Don. But I hope you used the uninstaller to remove Premiere Elements 9 (You didn't just delete it), as described in this article.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/869/cpsid_86915.html

This article applies to Windows installation, but many of the principles also apply to a Mac.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/858/cpsid_85843.html

Beyond that, I'm not sure how much help we can be. This really is an Adobe issue and a Mac issue, and all we can tell is what should work and what usually does.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videocreater » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Steve what i did Was Uninstalled it. and then Re-Installed it. what i need to do now is find out what steps are Needed as if You are just Setting it up for the First time. Do i set up the Organizer or can i just use my Cam. or How Does the Organizer Work. i have Had No Luck With Adobe Helping me Install this Program.
videocreater

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Don, you'll find a whole chapter on the Organizer in the book you picked up the other night. It was installed automatically when you installed the program -- but it's not necessary to use it if you don't want to.

Once you've installed the program, register it -- even if you already have. Then, when you launch the program, it will activate all its components. This could take a few minutes the first time you start the program so be patient.

Although, on that might Mac you have, it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes!

You can capture video from your HDV cam directly into your Premiere Elements project by going to Get Media/From HDV Camcorder.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videocreater » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Steve it is Registered. but Once i Launch it What Button do I click on theres Three of Them ? with PhotoShop there is a Certain way to set up the Organizer is PRE 9 the same way ?
videocreater

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking, Don. But the book should have most of these answers.

In version 9, by the way, Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements both share the same Organizer. So if you've set it up in for Photoshop Elements, it can be accessed by either program.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videocreater » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Steve i am Asking Which One To Click on Organizer or New Project or Open Project. i cant Get My Organizer to Work in PhotoShop Because no one Knows how to set it up.
videocreater

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:32 am

Clicking on New or Open on the Premiere Elements Welcome Screen will open a Premiere Elements project. Clicking on Edit on the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen will open the photo Editor workspace. Clicking on Organize on either Welcome Screen will open the Organizer.

When you first launch the Organizer, it will scan your hard drive for media files -- so it pretty much sets itself up automatically.

If this isn't happening, you'll likely need to contact Adobe for tech support. Your computer may need some troubleshooting.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videocreater » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:59 am

Steve i have Two Choices Now Which one Do i choose. Adobe Premiere Elements 9.app 139 kb or Adobe Premiere Elements.app 1.82 GB
videocreater

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:22 am

Adobe Premiere Elements 9.app will launch the program by way of the Welcome Screen.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9