They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problem with flicker / jumping...

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Problem with flicker / jumping...

Postby rvrkids » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 am

Hey all you experts.....I have another question.

I have created a title and applied 3-d effects to make it look like it is "flying" in from the sky to land on our school building. In the wmv file attached, it looks fine but on the dvd it jumps and flickers alot and anti-flicker is on. Also, I have a page of text (consisting of multiple lines of titles). I did a freeze frame so I only had to transition one clip and I used the push transition and slowed it down to 3 sec. When the text page is pushed, the text gets very blurry/jumpy...you can see that in the attached.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

test wma.wmv

edit: I must have attached the file wrong but I think you can still view it by clicking on the file name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rvrkids

Re: Problem with flicker / jumping...

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:08 am

On the freeze frame, change the settings to deinterlaced and 1.0 and best settings. This should help. On titles a little gaussian blur helps. Whenever you have photos with lines, like the school building at 1:34, there will be flicker. In the Motion property adjust anti-flicker to about .60 or more. (Is that the location in PrEl 9?...I have an older version).
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby rvrkids » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 am

Thanks Cheryl.

I had anti-flicker at 1.0 and it didn't really help at all so I changed that section.

I have another question about 3-d.....any time I apply that effect to a picture and then use any amount of tilt or swivel, it crops part of my photo (in a square) instantly. I understand that when you tilt or swivel it should cut part of the picture out as that section goes out of view but even with the smallest amount applied, my entire photo is cropped which basically makes this effect useless.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
rvrkids

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

The basic 3d effect? Not sure why that is cropping to a square. Can you scale it down in PrEl first? Sorry, maybe someone else has a solution.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby rvrkids » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:53 am

Okay - that's a big duh on my part....

thanks for reminding me...I had forgotten to resize and that solved the problem.

Wow, not resizing the photos really affects more than just processing time.

Thank You again....I don't know what I would do without your help.
rvrkids

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:40 pm

You are very welcome. :) I had a similar problem with cropping in AE on one of the transitions today. :-8
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to PRE Version 9