They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

black hole and strips

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

black hole and strips

Postby Egelie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:21 am

Readers,
it is some yoke, but it is n't !

I have installed the boxed PRE 9 a couple of days ago on a windows 7 64 OS.
Using it the first time and going to full screen andgoing back then gives this error popup:
I had to restart PRE 9.

Also using PRe 9 and dragging a clip to the time line does partly blakening a huge part of the PRe 9.0 window. I had to guess placing the clip.
You see this in this video:
[wmvvideo5]http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/18106/9-11-2010_15-40-52.wmv[/wmvvideo5]
When placed the clip, and dozen times using RESTORE WORKSPACE i got a walking black hole.
look at this video:
[wmvvideo1]http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/18106/9-11-2010_15-26-40.wmv[/wmvvideo1]
the reason why i have using the restore workspace so very often are the black spickes i got all over the timeline, see picture:

Paul, gives me the suggestion to renew my video drivers, but they are the last drivers.
the only thing i have to renew are my sounddrivers.

But ths all declares not al lthis problems.

you know something about this ?

Frits Egeliel
Egelie

Re: black hole and strips

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:24 am

A shot in the dark here from me - is the version of Quicktime that you have the latest version?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Egelie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:49 am

John,

it version 7.65!

Frits

p.s just installed 7.68

it did not help.
Egelie

Postby Bobby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:30 am

Check to make sure the display driver software is up to date.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Egelie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:58 am

Bobby,
it worked now.
i mean , i can see the files in the Gallery playing.

But the issues seeing in the ,jpg files or video are not solved.
I have the latest drivers.

Frits
ps: my system is :
http://members.chello.nl/f.egelie/Diver ... t-2010.pdf
Egelie

Postby Bobby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:27 am

Sorry, I see that in your original post you said you had the updated video drivers.

I don't have PRE9 Fritz - maybe someone else will come along with some ideas.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Wow - this is a pretty extreme problem you're having! A search reveals that the AsioHost error is actually an audio related problem. However, anything that makes the program upset could cause all kinds of issues, so I'd also make sure that the audio drivers are current.

If I'm reading your specs correctly it appears that you have integrated Realtek audio and have then added a SoundBlaster sound card. If the drivers are up to date you might want to temporarily uninstall the SB sound card to see if it makes a difference.

[Personal note: In V9 I've noticed some artifacts that seem to be left behind as I work, but they seem to resolve themselves as I move to a different position on the timeline and the program refreshes the view. I don't have this problem in V7. However, I have nothing like the issues that you're having. My first move was also to make sure that I had current video drivers, but they were up to date.]
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:55 pm

That is certainly odd. But, I don't think it's either the sound or the video drivers -- but, it's still a good idea to have both current. In a program that uses a graphical interface, there are subprograms that draw or paint a portion of the screen in response to a message from either the Operating System or another subprogram in the same application. Something appears to be interfering with the way those messages are being sent or received. I have no idea what is interfering. It could be another program, a virus, or a faulty installation. Other things could cause it as well.

Restore Workspace forces the program to redraw the entire application window. Anything that causes the application window to redraw such as minimizing or maximizing the application window and restoring it or resizing the window should do the same thing.
Bob

Postby Egelie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:03 am

Bob,
You are clever in your argumentation !
I use First -Defence-ISR and you know then i could have a maximum of 10 operating systems om my machine.
So , i will start over again.
That is to say i will copy the naked basicly 64 bit OS and will only install the PRE on it, to see how is its behaviour.

frits
Egelie

Postby Egelie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:22 am

I just jumped to the same Os , but with PRE 7 on it.
no artifacts , stripes and other anomlies at all!
But on this OS i have video drivers one stage down 258,96 of Nvidia for the Geforce 280.

Pehaps , i could also de-install the PRe 7.0 and install PRE 9 on this OS.

Frits
addum:
jumped to a same OS with PRE 8.0 and 258.96 , nu suc problems as in the header mentioned.
I don't like PRe 8.0. Never used.
Egelie

Postby Egelie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:12 am

Readers,

partly found the solution.
I have de-installed on a certain Os the PRE 8 and PSE 8.
then installed the newer PRE 9 and PSe 9 version.
It looks so far i have used those two prgrs it works oké.
But i am not satsfied with this.
Why i have those issues o nthe other OS.
I don't kno w for sure, it could be the Zonealarm. I have renewed this prgr and it has made problems on my third game-machine for my grandchildren. That issue is accepted by a certain prgr developer. He goes re-writing his whole prgr. ( also for another reason)
I n whole my computerlife ( 31 years) , i met always problems, problems, problems, sooner or laer.
Because of that First -defenc -ISR is a upshot. ( i am dutch, perhaps the wrong word)
So, it is not the video driver, or sounddriver, i think.
I go instaling now the zonealarm (is not installed yet on this PRE 9 working OS ). Perhaps the issue returns ( like the YEDI )

Frits
Egelie

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:01 am

I have recently had problems with (free) Zone Alarm. With increasing frequency it would display a message that "Zone Alarm is Initialising....".

Also my PC boot up times were getting longer and longer with just a blank, black screen and cursor visible for a couple of minutes before the boot sequence finished.

Looking on the web I found some info that indicated that Zone Alarm (free) may be the cause of those problems. I unintalled it and reverted back to the Windows 7 firewall. Everything is now back to normal.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Egelie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 am

John,

the more prgrs you install, the more problems you can expect.
Also, the order in wich you install them could be the cause of a problem.
So it is always carefully experimenting to trace the cause.
In the mean time i have not yet nstalled the Zonealarm, but i go doing this to day.

Frits
Egelie

Postby Egelie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Readers,
it looks its is more complicated, like alwsys.
Installed zoneAlarm, but gives no problem so far.
So i must precisely compare both systems, in the hope, i can trace wich prgr or driver or other part is responsable fot that in the header.

Frits
addum:
i just discovered that the videodrivers in the OS wiht the good working PRE 9 is not 258 from Nvidia , but version 191.07.
So, i will install now a newer dirver, to see or something changes
Egelie

Postby Egelie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Found cause of the black hole and stripes.

After lots of experimenting on both Operatring system s i know now for 100 % which prgr is cause of above bescribed.

On my windows 7 64 bit, there are two internet Explores; one 32 bit and one 64 bit.
Whne i using or used the 64 bit and starting after that PRe 9.0 , i got all what i described above.
I have verified this on that OS which did not give those phenomenea.
After using the 64 bit IE 8 it is bingo:

Please i like you confirm this!

Frits
Egelie

Next

Return to PRE Version 9