They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Bypass the Welcome Screen to Open the Organizer? YES!!!

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Bypass the Welcome Screen to Open the Organizer? YES!!!

Postby George Tyndall » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:34 am

Ladies and gentlemen, I am extremely happy to report that, like previous versions other than 8, Adobe once again allows one to open one's Organizer from the catalog icon without going through the Welcome screen.

Why is this important?

Apart from the fact that it is not appropriate for a client to see a previous client's photos when I click Organize on the Welcome Screen so I can maneuver to the present client's photos, there is a more important reason: To open the program via the Welcome Screen requires that one's C drive is functioning, however, as we all know, HDDs, including C drives, crash every day.

If the C drive crashes and one has not made a very recent mirror image of that drive that one can use to restore to a new HDD, then how pray tell is one going to open one's Organizer? Also, Adobe's method for backing up one's catalog can not work if one cannot open the program because the C drive has crashed.

With PSE9,I'll be using the same procedure that I currently use for PSE7: I'll save the catalog and all the images that it manages on one external HDD, then back that drive up to 2 additional HDDs, each of which will be kept in a separate location. Then, if ever my C drive crashes, all I need to do is restore the program from a mirror image, click on the catalog icon and --voila!-- I'm up and running in no time at all. And if an external HDD crashes while I am using it, the most work I can lose is about 5 to perhaps 10 minutes (while editing, I synchronize the one HDD with another at least every 5-10 minutes).

Following the letdown of version 8, with version 9 Happy Days Are Here Again!

::wav::
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 9