They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pan and Zoom Question

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Pan and Zoom Question

Postby Mr_tin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm slowly getting up to speed with my first large project...it will be 80% photos and 20% video from a European cruise.
I've spent a lot of time getting organized and admit I'm a little gun shy since it's a big learning curve and I don't want to make a minor mistake that costs me a lot of time.
So my question is....

I will be using pan and zoom in approx half the photos...is it better to bring them in to PE by creating a slide show in PSE9 with the pan and zoom feature enabled, or just put all the photos in PE and set the pan and scan for each photo individually once I get the storyline laid out?

Thanks
Mr_tin
New User
New User

Re: Pan and Zoom Question

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Mr. Tin :)

For your first one it might be best to start with the PSE Slideshow Creator, send the slideshow to Premiere Elements and then break it apart so you can fine tune the pan and zoom on some photos.

You could also use the Pan and Zoom Theme in Premiere Elements, that will add an automatic pan and zoom to each photo as well, you will still need to tweak them a bit (some more than others).

Then again, doing the whole thing yourself is a great learning experience well worth the time.
We have excellent tutorials on keyframing here at Muvipix and lots of help from the forum as you will find out I'm sure :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:54 pm

And don't forget to resize your photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size before you begin! It will save you a lot of time and trouble -- and some intense headaches -- later.

That said, I agree with Chuck. For creating slideshows, the Slide Show Creator under the Create tab in the Elements Organizer is the way to go. Just remember, when you're ready to port it over to Premiere Elements, to select the option to Send to Premiere Elements.

Welcome to Muvipix, Mr. Tin!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Mr_tin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Steve and Chuck - thanks so much for your advice.
Mr_tin
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:12 pm

:wcm: :hat:
And don't forget to coordinate the music with the pan and zoom (if you're using music in the background).
Music done well can make a mediocre slide show a great one.
Peru

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:That said, I agree with Chuck. For creating slideshows, the Slide Show Creator under the Create tab in the Elements Organizer is the way to go. Just remember, when you're ready to port it over to Premiere Elements, to select the option to Send to Premiere Elements.

Welcome to Muvipix, Mr. Tin!

My specialty is slide shows, and after much trial and error I must agree with Chuck and Steve.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Mr_tin » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks so much for all your input, unfortunately I have health issues that have kept me away from this project so it's almost like starting over again everytime.
Here's my outdated website to give you an idea www.evanoff.ca

Right now I'm having some trouble getting my keyframing to work the way I want it.

Chuck mentioned there are some excellent tutorials on keyframing here at Muvipix, can you tell me where I can find them on the site?

Thanks again.

Martin
Mr_tin
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 pm

EDIT: Chuck has given the link below to the keyframing article. Additionally, if you gave us some specifics on what issues you're having we can attempt to work you through it. You can also try searching the forum for topics related to keyframing.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Here is the more current keyframing article
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 2&btn.y=18
st-Basic Keyframing

It is a PDF article, not a video tutorial but covers all of the basics. The older tutorials are good as well, keyframing has not changed since version 1.

There are other tutorials on keyframing available with a $20 Learning Basic subscription.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9