They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Can't upload to Amazon.com

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Can't upload to Amazon.com

Postby Chirp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi and thanks!
I am trying to upload a video I edited in PRE8 to Amazon_dot_com but they keep telling me it's the wrong file type (after the whole upload process completes, of course). They want avi, mov, mpg, or wmv. When I go to 'Share' in PRE8 I get mpeg2, flv etc. I did get an avi file once but when I tried to test it before uploading it I couldn't get it to open in WMP, of Quicktime or Realplayer. My original file is from a SD card from a camcorder and it is in the mts format. How do I get the finished file from PRE8 to be saved as avi, mov, mpg or wmv? I've been at this for too long now. Can someone please steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Chirp
Quad 2.67, 9GB Ram, 2 Internal Terrabytes HD's, GeForce GTX 260
Chirp
New User
New User

Re: Can't upload to Amazon.com

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:49 pm

You'll have to wait for somebody that has actually uploaded to Amazon so they can give you the exact specifications.

Unfortunately, listing the file extensions is not much help. There are any number of different codecs that can be contained in those file types you listed.

Can you provide a link to the Amazon web page where they describe the requirements?

EDIT: I see it's your first post. Welcome to Muvipix! :wcm:
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi, Chirp. Welcome to Muvipix!

Can you be a bit more specific about why you're trying to load a video to Amazon.com? Are you publishing it for sale?

As Robert says, can you direct us to the web page where they describe the file specs they need? I'm sure we'll be able to show you to give them a file optimized exactly as they need it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chirp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:29 pm

I am trying to enter a video review of a knife I purchased from them (Amazon). The only time I have ever actually seen the specs is when I tried to upload a video review and it didn't work and I got an error. As I said the error says it wants one of four formats... .avi, .mov, .mpg., .wmv.

Thanks!

By the way I did get a video review uploaded in the past but that was with a different camcorder that was dvd based. I don't have access to that camcorder anymore and I will be using this one from now on.
Chirp
Quad 2.67, 9GB Ram, 2 Internal Terrabytes HD's, GeForce GTX 260
Chirp
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Okay, I've found a place where they let you enter video reviews -- and you're right, they're not very specific, other than saying it must be under 100 meg in size and under 10 minutes.

I'd recommend you create a WMV using the Cable Modem preset. That's a nice, universal format. Create it using Share/Personal Computer and save it to your hard drive, then connect to Amazon and do the upload. It should work fine.

BTW, you don't say what project setting you're using in Premiere Elements to create your project, but that too could be an issue. As I say in our Basic Training with Premiere Elements tutorials, choosing a preset to match your source footage is vital to creating a successful project. Particularly if you're using footage that saved to a Flash memory card, this is true. Is your footage AVCHD or AVCHD Lite? 1920x1080, 1440x1080 or 1280x720?

You can see these tutorials by going to our products page and typing "Basic Training" in the product search box.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 8