They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Multiple Clips

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Multiple Clips

Postby sonoferin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:40 am

OK I am asking a question about a subject I cannot seem to find in the forums so if it has been asked before I apologize.
I have used Encore way back in the day and had been able to link separate video clips in encore, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do this in PE8.
I want to have 12-20 clips that I have brought into PE8 timeline(s) and edited and now want to burn them all on a DVD all accessible from 1 menu and after one clip plays (about 5 mins) it would return to the menu to be able to choose another clip.
Is this possible in PE8 or is this feature only available in Encore?

Thanks In Advance :tup:
Martin
sonoferin
New User
New User

Re: Multiple Clips

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:53 am

Hi, Martin. Welcome to Muvipix! Glad you found us.

You can certainly do this in Premiere Elements -- though it's not quite as elegant (or as complicated) as it is in Encore.

All you need to do is place all of your videos on your timeline, end to end. Add a menu marker at the beginning of each to create links to the menu.

Then, at the end of each clip, place another menu marker -- but, on the menu marker option screen, select the option to make a it a Stop Marker.

A Stop Marker stops playback of your video and returns your viewer to your DVD's main menu.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sonoferin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks for the reply Steve, Ill give that a try.
Your right Encore can be a dog..I have used it for years. I remember the old days before encore when I used Scenarist..you talk about a nightmare. Flew to London for a project to figure out a problem with Scenarist (before sonic took over) engineers and then 5 weeks after that finally figured it out. yep PE8 definitely makes life easier..phew!

Thanks again
Martin
sonoferin
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:51 am

Hi Martin, Welcome to Muvipix :wcm:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:57 am

Also, I got your private message about your visit to Milwaukee, Martin. Please do feel free to contact me if you'd like to get together while you're here!

I've never met a Muvipixer I didnt' like!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 8