They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE8 Rendering

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

PE8 Rendering

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat May 22, 2010 1:36 am

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help or if anyone else has had the same problem.
We have previously put this question to the Village, and although everybody has been helpful, nobody has been able to come up with any real solution as yet.
From day one we installed PE8, this issue has been a problem. So here goes.
Everything is fine just as long it is only stills involved, I render save and exited and upon re entering everything is fine, but the moment a title is applied or some sort of video, that is where the problem arises. I naturally render, save and exited and upon re-entering that dreaded Red Line appears over anything with a title, and some parts of the video, although not always in the same spot. This has happened on both my Husband's and my machines, and just today I installed 8 on my new I5 Notebook, and guess what the same issues. In the next couple of days hopefully we will have set up our new I7 Desktop computers, and will try 8, but I am willing to bet the same issue will arise, which I must admit does drive us both mad!!. If this keeps up going back to PE7 looks better all the time. We are thinking of trying CS5 which we have just received. But at this stage let's just say the JURY is still out.
If anyone can through some light on this particular subject, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks once again Guys in advance.

PS. We have applied the patch, and also the Auto Anayliser is off.

Bubby Grub :-k
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: PE8 Rendering

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat May 22, 2010 1:51 am

This is a bug that may not get fixed this year.

You might be able to recover some of the rendered preview files. After you open your project, keep it open and then open the project again from the File menu (File > Open recent project). Some or all of the preview files rendered for sections with titles might become available again with green lines.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 8