They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Plays with blocks square images, NOT RIGHT !

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Plays with blocks square images, NOT RIGHT !

Postby andrewmpalmer2003 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:06 pm

I have a Problem with blobby images and frame rates ( not sure if frame rates is the correct word!)

Let me introduce my self, my name is Andy, i'm from the UK and i'm trying to use PE8, so be gentle. I also apologie for amount of post I may make in the coming months, be sure, I will have a good crack first before posting my issue/problem.

Firstly I have just started going through some of Steve's tutorials with my paid subscription, and my wedding DVD which I have just captured from the disc. It loads ok, however it seems to be all blobby, blocky squares on the screen, as soon as it run plays. The audio runs fine.

My system in case anyone wants to know is Dell Dimension DXP051 Intel(R) Pentuim(R) 4CPU 3.00 Ghz 2.99 Ghz 3.50 gb RAM, although there is 4gb in there, i have added the rest in the past 6 months !, why it only show 3.5 i don't know! 1 x 160 gb HDD, 1 x 500 HDD, both internal and a 1.5 TB external HDD, plenty of HDD space! although i'm not sure if the RAM is enough? i have quite a few software programs, however I never have more than 1-4 running at the same time, only have PE8 running on its own at the moment.

Anyway going back to my issue, it seems to do this even if i put 3,4 images in the timeline, is this an issue with my PC, hraphics card to do with PE8, I have installed the updates by the way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Andrew Palmer
Essex, UK
andrewmpalmer2003
New User
New User

Re: Plays with blocks square images, NOT RIGHT !

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Andrew, Welcome to Muvipix :meet:

One question for you that will help us to help you :)

How did you "capture the disc"?

Your system should be fine for editing Standard Definition video.
I have a Dell Dimension with similar specs and it works fine.
My guess is that there is a problem with the transfer from the disc but first we need to know how you are doing that.

Also, what project setting did you use when you started your project?

Glad to have you aboard and thanks for being a Muvipix subscriber :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby andrewmpalmer2003 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:55 pm

How did i capture the Disk, it was the wedding DVD that was given to us, by a freind who did the DVD.

I imported through, edit, get media, DVD, placed the DVD in the DVD drive, it found the file, well a few files actually! and I captured the one I wanted. I basically followed Steve instructions, simple, however when i play it back on the top left window, it shows all blocky, until i stop the playback, then the pic/or what place the video is at, come up a fine still image. !

It does the same for imported video files i have on my HDD or picture files, ( I have places 3 picture in a row for a test, and it seems to always do the same.

Sorry I do not know how to do a Capture screen imahe or i would put one up here for you to see.

Andrew
andrewmpalmer2003
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 pm

That information is just fine Andrew, thanks :)

Have you rendered the Timeline preview by pressing the Enter Key?
That may be your whole problem, try that first. It should be mentioned in Steve's book too :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby andrewmpalmer2003 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Ah trying that now, ! Yes i wrote a not to you guys using the contact bit on the site about the book, still awating reply, i wanted to know if you done the combo book - A Premiere E8 and A Phoptoshop E8* in colour ?

NOOOO, it has not worked, the preview window works ok, but the main playback window does not. !!!!, still blockey squares, dotted all over

See attached image

Andrew
PE8 image 2.bmp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andrewmpalmer2003
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 pm

If the rendered video is still a mess, I'd recommend converting those DVD files to DV-AVIs before you bring them into Premiere Elements.

MPEG Streamclip will do this.

So will Super.

You'll find details on how (and why) in this month's Steve's Tips article.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby andrewmpalmer2003 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Thank you very much for all your comments,

Solution came in the form of upto date ATI graphics drivers. !!!

I will have to make sure my audio, and other drivers are now upto date, as Audacity does not recognise the sound coming through my speakers are all.

Thats another problem altogether !!!

Thanks again.

Andrew
andrewmpalmer2003
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:49 pm

The update of the drivers is a good idea.

What project preset did you use? Is the DVD Widescreen?

There are a number of fixes for the Audacity issue, depends on your sound card.
The Stereo Mix or What You Hear options don't work with every audio adapter, especially Realtek. SoundMax has never been a problem for me, neither have the Creative Labs audio cards. Updating the audio drivers may very well fix the problem however. If not there are a few possible fixes posted on our forum.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby rusty » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:01 pm

As you say, the Audacity issue isn't really germane to this thread, but I did have the same issue a few months ago and Dave came to my rescue (of course, the source of the problem may not be the same).

Here is the link: http://www.muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6980&p=62310#p62310

If you still have problems, post as a new topic and one of the resident geniuses will be bound to help!
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 8