They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Some surrounding talk about HDV

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Some surrounding talk about HDV

Postby thhult » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi,
Since I recently started to test opportunities to shoot in HD format and above all to edit in PR8, has a number of issues emerged.
The big question is how to handle the output, which type of media. As I understand to maintain the HD quality is burn the finished film on Blue-Ray.
Since I currently don´t have such a burner and the discs are yet quite expensive, I save the result in two different ways:
1. On DV tape, to maintain HD quality. By connecting the camcorder with an HDMI cable to a HD ready TV you can view the film in full HD.
2. On DVD to get the same result as before with SD format with menus and chapters.

Have anyone similar experiences and any other, better alternatives ?

Regards
Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Some surrounding talk about HDV

Postby Paul LS » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:10 pm

I burn high definition AVCHD disc format to standard DVDs and play them back using my computer connected to my HDTV via the HDMI connector (video + audio) on my graphics card. I use Cyberlink PowerDVD as the media player.... plays both Blu-ray and AVCHD discs. So I export from Premiere Elements as high definition H.264 and use Corel DVD Moviefactory or NERO to burn high definition AVCHD discs... using standard DVDs. With AVCHD discs you can get about 30 minutes on a standard DVD along with a menu. Some Blu-ray players will play this format, however as I say I play the discs on my home theatre PC.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Some surrounding talk about HDV

Postby thhult » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks for ypur advices. I want to do the same advice but have problems.
After post-editing I choose the Share tab - Personal Compuer - mpeg and as preset H264 1440x1080i 25. After rendering I click on the mpeg-film and Nero 9 start but hangs up. If I try with Windows Media Player I can see the film with HD- quality but no menus.
What´s wrong ?
Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 8