They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PRE8 is running onmy PC after Windows 7 upgrade

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

PRE8 is running onmy PC after Windows 7 upgrade

Postby JohnnyO » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:18 pm

I re-installed PRE8 on my PC after installing Windows 7. It is running.

In addition, it seems to have no problem with AVCHD-Lite video. This is a big plus.

I need to restore my PC back to Vista because the VPN client I neded to log into work does not work on Windows 7. I wil re-install at a later date. But before Ido Iwant to play areound with PRE8 for a little while.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: PRE8 is running onmy PC after Windows 7 upgrade

Postby Bobby » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Interesting. Was it a upgrade or custom install? From Vista to Win7 I assume?
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Interesting. Was it a upgrade or custom install? From Vista to Win7 I assume?

Bobby, This was the upgrade version of Windows 7 Home Premium. I chose custom install so I can get a clean install. It gets rid of all the junk on your PC.

Personally I do not like to upgrade. I have also heard horror stories, although I never had a horror experience with an OS upgrade myself. I just prefer a clean install.

I have redundant backups of all my data. I back up my data daily.

Before I tried PRE8, I did a clean install of Vista. I could not get PRE8 to run on my PC. Windows 7 definitely is making a difference.

My PC is restoring right now. Until the company I work for gets a VPN client compatable with Windoes 7, I have no choice but to restore. I am using my daughters right now - don't tell her :)

I was using Windows 7 for a couple of hours today. Not much time for an evaluation. But I had fun with it fot that short time. The install went flawlessly, and I had fun playing with the personalize tools. I installed some software just to see if there were issues. Other than my VPN client, all looked good.

I am looking forward to upgrading again. I hope they get the updated VPN client soon where I work.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Clayton » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Well, I have experienced my first crashes. It has crashed 6 or 7 times now and each crash is associated with working with stills. I have created titles with no problems and manipulated videos. Each of my crashes has occurred when opening a still in the clip monitor. I don't believe it happened when I right clicked and selected open in clip monitor, but when I double clicked on the still. The clip monitor would open and then crash without the photo appearing. :( I will keep experimenting.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Clayton, are you on Windows 7 yet?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:13 pm

No, I am using XP. I see I posted in the wrong thread. I intended to post in the one I started. :oops:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:01 pm

No problem, I was just curious :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 8