They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Version 8 Trial Available

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Version 8 Trial Available

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:58 am

1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Version 8 Trial Available

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:17 am

I tried it, but it keeps crashing right after I click the "new project" button or the "open an existing project" button. There was a crash report that I filled out and sent in to Adobe. I can open the Orgainizer.

That was disappointing. I think version 7 may be the last version that I'll be able to run on this Dell Dimension 3000 Pentium 4 3GHz HT with 2 GB RAM.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:55 pm

I tried it, but it keeps crashing right after I click the "new project" button or the "open an existing project" button. There was a crash report that I filled out and sent in to Adobe. I can open the Orgainizer.

I get either the same problem RJ reports, or it comes up, and jusrt hangs. I can exit after it comes up and hangs, but I get the crash report.

I can open the organizer and Phptoshop Elemwnts 8.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:19 pm

RJ - I know we are both running MAGIX MEP 15 PLUS. It makes me wonder if there is now an incompatability introduced with PRE8.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:44 pm

The window that is suppose to come up is the one where you enter the serial number or choose the trial version. That window never shows up.

The very first time I used PRE8, the edit environment loaded okay. But after that I could not load it again.

I'm going to let Adobe worry about it.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:01 am

The window that is suppose to come up is the one where you enter the serial number or choose the trial version. That window never shows up.

The very first time I used PRE8, the edit environment loaded okay. But after that I could not load it again.

I'm going to let Adobe worry about it.

This is exactly what happens on my system.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:40 am

JohnnyO,

I uninstalled every Adobe program I had on my computer, deleted all Adobe folders, ran a registry cleaner, then installed the trial version again. Before running PRE8 for the first time, I made a copy of all folders in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe" except for the Acrobat folder which I couldn't delete. I restored these folders before running PRE8 each time. That was the only way I could get the trial version/serial number dialogbox to show up. There is one folder I nailed down that seemed to be the only one that I really needed to restore, "Adobe PCD."

Although I could start new projects and open existing ones, I couldn't edit for very long and would crash. That was with only a 20-second DV-AVI clip on the timeline and the video stabilizer applied. Since there's no way I can use PRE8, I've uninstalled it, and I am installing my other Adobe programs as I need them. :(
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby roadsideron » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:48 am

Same here. I gave up. PE 7 works fine and this is the first time I've passed on both Adobe and Pinnacle's new versions.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Here is my troubleshooting workaround for the chronic crashes I was having:

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6360#p57182
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 8