They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Create a DVD Menu Template in 4.0

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Create a DVD Menu Template in 4.0

Postby Shelby » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:42 am

Hi to all!
I am really wanting to create my own template for a DVD menu can someone please advise how this is done!?! I keep reading that I should be able to but when I go to change the background picture on the programs existing template and replace it with a picture I want to use the original picture is ontop of the picture I want to use and I can see both. How do I get rid of the original template picture and use my own? Thanks so very much! :pull:
Shelby
New User
New User

Re: Create a DVD Menu Template in 4.0

Postby Paul LS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 am

Hi Shelby a warm welcome to Muvipix.

Have you taken a look at the free "Steve's Tips" on creating DVD Menus in the Free Downloads section? It details how to change the background amonst other things. It may give you a clue to where you are going wrong.
The "Steve's Tips" is called Creating DVD Menus in Premiere Elements and can be found on this page:
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=41
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Create a DVD Menu Template in 4.0

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 am

Welcome to Muvipix, Shelby!

When you say "Create a DVD menu template", do you literally mean create a new template? You can do an awful lot of modifying of an existing template right in Premiere Elements. For instance, you can swap out the background image, move around and customize the text styles and colors, resize the buttons and even add a video and audio background to a menu page. That's what the article Paul has linked you to shows you how to do.

But if you want to go deep, it is available to truly custom-create a template itself. I've done a number of them for this site.

I have instructions for doing so among our members-only Steve's Tips articles and step-by-step instructions in my combined Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements book at http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions