They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PRE4 User Guide regarding Menus

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

PRE4 User Guide regarding Menus

Postby EleanorAliza » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:25 am

Hi Everyone,
I am customizing a menu in PRE4. On page 236 of the User Guide (I downloaded it) under "Customize Menu Backgrounds" Step2: it gives you two ways of draging the clip or still image to the menu background you want to customize. I understand how to do the first option: while in the Disc Layout panel you click on the media button, then select your project, then choose a video or still to replace the default background on the Menu template you have chosen and just drag it onto the Disc Layout menu background and it replaces it with your new one.

The second option has you draging the clip to the Video or Still drop zone which appears when you have the "Create Menu" tab open and the Menu you want to change chosen. BUT, I don't understand how you can drag the clip from the Project view to the drop zones when you can't have both panels open at the same time. The picture in the guide shows a chosen audio clip from the "Project" panel being dragged to the "Audio Drop" box in the Creat Menus panel. How is this possible????

Any clarification would be wonderful.
Aliza
Vostro 410, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8300 (2.83GHz), 4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz Dual Channel, 2-250 GB Serial ATA HD 7200 RPM 8MB Cache, 256MB ATI Radeon HD3650, Optiarc 16X DVD+/-RW, 16X DVDROM, IEEE 1394A, 22" UltraSharp Digital Monitor, WIN XP SP3
EleanorAliza

Re: PRE4 User Guide regarding Menus

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:46 am

Actually, that second option is to drag a still or video from the Organize panel onto the menu on display in the Disc Layout panel. (That's the Monitor-like panel that opens when you're working on your menus.) It should stay open even when you switch over to the Organize tab.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions