They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Trying to Delete Presets Effects from Photo in Slideshow

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Trying to Delete Presets Effects from Photo in Slideshow

Postby EleanorAliza » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Its me again,

Questions for my slideshow project.

When I apply a "Presets Effect" from PIP, Pan or Zoom I can not delete the effect using the follwing recommended method:

>right click on photo clip in the Sceneline >show properties >right click on the effect >delete selected effect

This method works on Fast Blur, drop shadows etc. But not on PIP, Pan or Zoom, which all list as MOTION, not by their indivicual names. When you right click the option "Delete selected effect" is greyed out. You can disable by clicking eyeball, but you can't get rid of the Motion line.

My work around has been to click on UNDO before leaving that photo clip. If I decide much later to change I have to delete the clip, and reinsert it from the project view. This gives me a clean slate with that photo clip again.

Am I missing something here?

Second Question: Is PIP just for still photo over a video clip? I wanted to use the PIP 40%UL Scale Up to Full on a photo in my slideshow. It looks Cool, but what will the black portion appear as on the TV, if it is black can you change to a different background color?

Thanks again to anyone who might have an answer for these two questions.
Aliza
Vostro 410, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8300 (2.83GHz), 4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz Dual Channel, 2-250 GB Serial ATA HD 7200 RPM 8MB Cache, 256MB ATI Radeon HD3650, Optiarc 16X DVD+/-RW, 16X DVDROM, IEEE 1394A, 22" UltraSharp Digital Monitor, WIN XP SP3
EleanorAliza

Re: Trying to Delete Presets Effects from Photo in Slideshow

Postby Bob » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: question 1: Presets are not a separate effect on their own. They are more like a recipe for Premiere Elements to follow to apply other effects, settings, and/or keyframes. For example, the " PIP 40%UL Scale Up to Full " preset tells PrE to set keyframes to the position and scale properties of Motion so that it begins at the start of the clip with a scale of 40% with the position set to the upper left and finishes at the end of the clip with a scale of 100% and the position set to the center. Because they are not a separate effect, they won't show up in the properties panel under their own name. What will show are any effects, settings, or keyframes that the preset added or changed. That makes it convenient to apply, but not so convenient if you want to delete the changes later. If you know what changed, you can manually change it back in the properties panel. But, sometimes, it's just easier to delete the clip from the timeline and reinsert it like you're doing.

Re: question 2: The black area when you applied the pip is PrE's way of showing you transparency. If you place another clip underneath the pip image (which can be a still or a video), it will show through where the pip track was black. If you don't put anything underneath, it will render as black in the video. So, if you want a different color, place a color matte on a track underneath the pip track.
Bob

Re: Trying to Delete Presets Effects from Photo in Slideshow

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:02 pm

A motion background in a color that compliments the photo or video looks much better than black. A motion background can be slowed down or change the saturation or opacity if it is too busy. I have also tinted a photo to use as a background that way it is not competing with the PIP.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Prior Versions