They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE 4 and windows 7

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

PE 4 and windows 7

Postby k2np818 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:05 am

I have PE 4 and am thinking about upgrading to Windows 7. Does PE 4 work under windows 7 or do I have to go to the lastest release of PE 8?
Has anyone completed the upgrade to windows 7? If so I would like to know your lessons learned before I venture with windows 7.

Ken
k2np818

Re: PE 4 and windows 7

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 am

When you say "upgraded", do you mean upgraded your current computer or bought a new one?

Upgrading from Vista is a no-brainer. From XP, it means re-installing the whole operating system -- which is a bit more work, since you're encouraged to back up all your data first.

But if you're buying a new computer, you should find Windows 7 Microsoft's best Os yet!

Though, of course, it is less than a year old. So, even though the basic operating system is pretty rock solid, the third-party driver providers are still trying to get it together. So some people have had problems running intensive 32-bit programs (like Premiere Elements) on the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

But others have had no problems at all. (Even for those who do, it's likely to be less of a problem as time goes on.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: PE 4 and windows 7

Postby stanatou » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 am

I'm running PE 4 on Windows 7 (64 bit Enterprise Edition) and haven't had any problems. I've got it on a laptop with an i7 processor and 4 GB of memory.

Stan
stanatou
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Prior Versions