They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Basic question please

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Basic question please

Postby AVITRY » Fri May 07, 2010 9:15 am

Hi all. I have what I'm sure is a very basic question, but just one of those things I've never had to do before.

I have a few video clips on the timeline and a few music clips also. The music and video clips are not necessarily split in the same spots and I have the audio and video unlinked. It's all just the way I want it, but ... I'd like to put a short 1 minute clip on the timeline right in front of everything. I'd like the existing video and music to shift down to allow this intro clip to just fit in, but for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how without disturbing the alignment of the whole shooting match. Nothing is linked so I'm not sure how to slide the whole mess down to allow this intro clip.

thanks
joe
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Basic question please

Postby Paul LS » Fri May 07, 2010 9:45 am

Can you contract the timeline until you can see all the clips, "lasso" them all and drag them along the timeline. Otherwise you need to use the Ctrl and/or Alt keys to ripple move everything.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri May 07, 2010 9:48 am

First Save your project as a Copy for insurance. Enlarge the timeline panel to see all of the clips & lasso. Move the group down the timeline. Add your clip at the beginning. Lasso the group again & move back.

I haven't used PrEl 3 in awhile, but I think that after you lasso all of the clips go to Clip>Group and they will become locked together. And move the group as needed. If you need to ungroup, select & Clip>Ungroup.

EDIT: Just checked PrEl3 & it is Clip>Group. If you have a lot of tracks be sure to enlarge the Timeline Panel to see all of your audio & video clips.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby AVITRY » Fri May 07, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try in a few minutes. I'm trying to put our wedding video on a dvd. I suppose its about time after 35 years married. I wanted to surprise the wife for mothers day. At the risk of not starting another dedicated thread, I have also scanned all of our wedding album photos and I recall seeing (quite a while ago) someone made a slideshow that had a photo album effect with pages turning and all. Is that a seperate program or does elements have this slideshow effect. I can't find it.

thanks again :)
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri May 07, 2010 10:06 am

Congrats on the 35th & a what a wonderful surprise for your wife! Chuck made several tutorials on page turn effect located in the Products Section.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Fri May 07, 2010 10:08 am

aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to Prior Versions