They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Can't burn project with menus

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Can't burn project with menus

Postby Ted Pietrzyk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Hello

I have problem to burn to disk ,project containing menu, in PRE 4.0. This happen randomly.
My system is XPS 420 Dell computer with; - 3.0 GHz Intel dual core processor,-4 GB of RAM,
-2x1 TB hard drives ( no raid ),-Optirac DVD burner and Philips blu ray burner.
About month ago , I created 40 min. long project , with main menu and 7 scene menus.
This time , I was able to burn disk , however , two days later , when I want burn another disk
of the same project , burning disk process stop ( after encoding and compiling ) in burning
stage. After reinstalling program , I was able to burn to disk , same project, ofcourse with menu.
Last week , i created HD project , containing 2x 51min. long segments. 1-st segment was movie
with english narration , 2-nd , same movie with foregin language narration , and this project
contain main menu and 2 scene menus. Encoding and compiling process create no problem ,
but again burning stage stops in the same spot , where stoped in the other case.
Reinstaled program , but with no luck this time. In next my step , I export this project to hard drive
as 1080i HD MPEG file , then I try to burn this file to blu ray disk , using 'Image Burn" program.
Burning stage stops , after completing 2%. After this, I start looking for firmware update ,
for Philips BDD 1001 burner , but Dell do not have ,and Philips not even recognize this model.
I the meantime , I was able to burn ( using this same burner ) one of the segment of the project
(with out menu) to standard DVD disk , but I can't burn the same segment to blu ray disk.
What other steps I can do , to try ,to find cause of this. Is this could be the burner isue?
It is time to replace burner?

Ted
Ted Pietrzyk
New User
New User

Re: Can't burn project with menus

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Ted, if you're going to burn more than one copy of your DVD, I'd recommend you set Premiere Elements to burn to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc. Then, whenever you want to burn a DVD, all you need to do is use your computer's burning software to burn the VIDEO_TS folder you've created with Premiere Elements. Takes 10 minutes or so as opposed to an hour or two.

It also avoids the problem you're running into. Apparently, when you do multiple burns, the old scratch files get all messed up with the new and you get problems.

You might be able to fix it by going to Edit/Preferences/Media Cache and clearing the media cache. But, generally, burning more than one set of DVD files from a single project can lead to problems.

Try burning your DVD to a folder on your hard drive instead.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ted Pietrzyk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:07 am

Steve
In spite you did not answe my question , I appreciate your respond, and welcome any advice.
However , in my case , would like to know ,why in the one instance , burning blu ray disk
is going smooth , while other time , creating blu ray of the same project , on the same computer ,
is always stopping in beginning of burning stage.
I would like to know , i this program or burner issue . Riht now , I can't burn any project to blu ray disk.
Burning SD DVD on the same burner , do not create any problems.

Ted
Ted Pietrzyk
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:57 pm

It is hard to say, Ted. It could be related to your hard drive -- how much free, defragmented space is on it or how it is formatted. It could also have to do with the drivers for your DVD burner, as you have suspected.

It could also be that you are apparently trying to burn a 100 minute video to a BluRay disc -- which may just be too large for the program to successfully compress.

What happens if you cut the project in half and just try to create a 50-minute BluRay disc (using Premiere Elements, no ImgBurn)?

I am sorry that I am not able to help you more, Ted.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions