They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fix location of markers

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Fix location of markers

Postby Red Sanders » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Kinda got things out of order and set a number of markers on a long video clip before I realized that I hadn't trimmed out a section in the front, and maybe a few more within the clip. Once trimmed, the markers are now at different areas in the clip.

Is there anyway to make markers stay with the specific area of the clip where they were set?

Thanks for any help,
Red Sanders
Red Sanders
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Fix location of markers

Postby Bobby » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi Red and Welcome to Muvipix!

The answer is, unfortunately, no. But you can grab and slide the markers fairly easily on the timeline.

One you get your "chops" using the program you will find the order of how to do things. Adding markers is one of the last steps, because of the very problem you are having. Ditto for adding some backgrounds (for example, a widescreen background behind narrow material) and some music that spans multiple clips or images.

BTW, if you like PE, I would seriously suggest moving up to V7 - V3 was a good one, but given the cost moving up isn't too hard on the wallet.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Red Sanders » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Bobby. I was afraid someone would say that. And will take your advice on upgrading...hope I don't have to unlearn some of the skills that I have developed with 3 (though obviously, I need to learn some more.)

Red
Red Sanders
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bobby » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:19 pm

What I do Red to set markers is to complete the movie, then Home to get to the beginning and use the PgDn key to advance to exactly the start of the next clip or edit point. If it is one that starts a scene, you can then click on the button to insert the marker as the CTI is positioned at exactly the right place. Keep stepping through until you set all your markers. It goes pretty quickly.

Keep asking questions - we are glad to help :yh:
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Prior Versions