They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Boop, boop when making an edit.

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Boop, boop when making an edit.

Postby Peru » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Very strange. It's happened three times so far, and each time if I close the project and reopen it, it goes back to normal.

Any change, whether it be a keyframe, moving a clip, changing a property, or adding media, results in a two beeps from the speakers (similar to the sound that you get when trying to do something in windows which is not allowed) when the change is accepted and takes effect.

The changes are working in the project OK, but it concerns me that this may be predicting a future problem.

Using Pre El 3.0.2, Windows XP SP3, core 2 duo, 500GB hard drive (over 300GB free) for the operating system, a second internal HDD 500GB (over 150GB free) for video (scratch disc, media, and projects), and a third 500GB internal HDD for backup.

Any thoughts? :-k
Peru

Re: Boop, boop when making an edit.

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:06 pm

When things like this start happening to me the first thing I do is save the project as a different name.
Next I clear the cache and preferences by starting Premiere Elements while holding down the Left Shift and Ctrl keys.

It can be a problem with the project file, doing a Save As should solve that, or a problem with the cache or preferences files.
Give these a try and let us know if that helps :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Also, what other programs do you have open at the time?

If you've got, for instance, the Photoshop Elements Organizer open and working on something when you save or add new media to a project, it will beep because it wants to catalog the file but can't at the moment.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:37 pm

And that's a good point Steve, what Premiere Elements panel is open at the time?
Is it waiting for some other action?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:36 am

Chuck Engels wrote:When things like this start happening to me the first thing I do is save the project as a different name.
Next I clear the cache and preferences by starting Premiere Elements while holding down the Left Shift and Ctrl keys.

It can be a problem with the project file, doing a Save As should solve that, or a problem with the cache or preferences files.
Give these a try and let us know if that helps :)

I'll try that, Chuck, thanks.
I always save as a different name after making edits, for example: My Project v1, My Preoject v2, etc. My current project (about 20 minutes, so far) is on v133.

Also, what other programs do you have open at the time?

If you've got, for instance, the Photoshop Elements Organizer open and working on something when you save or add new media to a project, it will beep because it wants to catalog the file but can't at the moment.[/
color]

It happens with no other programs open. As soon as I open Pre El, I can tell it will happen because I get a boop, boop" when it opens.
I haven't used the organizer in PE.

And that's a good point Steve, what Premiere Elements panel is open at the time?
Is it waiting for some other action?

I always have the Monitor Panel, Properties Panel, Timeline, Audio Meters, and the panel (can't think of its name now) with the media, transitions, and effects choices -- the default settings except for the Audio Meters.
Since it boops on opening, I doubt it's waiting for a response.
Peru

Return to Prior Versions