They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Black Frames after render

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Black Frames after render

Postby Wheat King » Sun May 03, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm working with HDV pulled from a canon hv 20. I've put all the video onto the timeline and did my edits. When I preview before render it's fine, but after a render certain clips are completely black. There's no effects applied to any of the clips. The other curious thing is that the clips show a re red line when dragged onto the timeline? not sure if this is normal. (first HD project)

I'm using Vista 64 bit

any help appreciated.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Black Frames after render

Postby tiny » Sun May 03, 2009 12:20 pm

When you restart the program, do the same frames remain black?
I wish I were creative enough to write something witty here.
tiny
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Wheat King » Sun May 03, 2009 12:24 pm

yes tried that. Just figured out what is different about the clips that preview after render... They were all time stretched. curious!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Mon May 04, 2009 3:17 am

Yes PE has problems with time stretching MPEG material. You see the same problem if you time stretch standard MPEG 2 video... usual solution is to convert to DV-AVI. Not sure what you can do if it is high definition MPEG2, apart from exporting as uncompressed AVI and time stretching this.. however the files will be huge.

If you drag HDV MPEG2 to the timeline of a HDV project there should not be a red line above it, have you selected the correct HDV project preset?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon May 04, 2009 3:21 am

Paul LS wrote:... usual solution is to convert to DV-AVI. Not sure what you can do if it is high definition MPEG2, apart from exporting as uncompressed AVI and time stretching this.. however the files will be huge.

Paul, couldn't one then convert the uncompressed AVI to a DV AVI and so reduce the file size (if necessary)?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Paul LS » Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 am

Hi John, not if he wants to maintain the media as high definition... by exporting uncompressed the video can be maintained as high definition.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon May 04, 2009 3:23 am

Yes - silly me. Overlooked that HD bit. :oops:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Wheat King » Mon May 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Paul LS wrote:Yes PE has problems with time stretching MPEG material. You see the same problem if you time stretch standard MPEG 2 video... usual solution is to convert to DV-AVI. Not sure what you can do if it is high definition MPEG2, apart from exporting as uncompressed AVI and time stretching this.. however the files will be huge.

If you drag HDV MPEG2 to the timeline of a HDV project there should not be a red line above it, have you selected the correct HDV project preset?

I bet not... This may have been due to moving the project over to my new quad core system. Now that I think of it I think of it I think I had Canon preset specifically installed and these new presets would not be on my new system... Thanks for nudge Paul... bet that's it.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Prior Versions