They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

title template--text problem

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

title template--text problem

Postby harmo » Wed May 23, 2007 6:25 am

OK, now that I have this posted in the correct forum... :???:

I'm trying to use a title template for the first time, for a video of my jazz trio. I chose a scrolling template (I think it's called "steel")--basic and functional. I wanted to put a bunch of different info on the titles--band name, venue, personnel, etc.

The problem is this--when I place text in one of the text fields (there are several, with varying font sizes) it then types over the next field--as opposed to filling the text field before moving on to the next. The result is overlapping text. I must be doing something wrong on a very basic level--but I can not get the fields to separate. Even my wife can't figure it out and she's smarter than I am...

Any help will be appreciated. I have another question but will start a separate thread for it.
harmo
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed May 23, 2007 12:44 pm

Hi. On the Steel rolling title template, there are just 2 text fields. The first is the title. The second is the one with several lines of text. I don't know how you could be overlapping anything in the 2nd text field unless you have accidentally added your own text fields. You can delete all the lines in the credits text field just by selecting all the lines and pressing delete. Then start typing your own credits and press enter to start a new line.

Could it be that you are overlapping the title text field with the credits text field?
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby harmo » Wed May 23, 2007 1:17 pm

Yes--you are correct. Is it that you can only type as much as the text field gives you--in other words, it won't expand if you add more text? I was trying to put more than one line in the title field.

thanks,

scott
harmo
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed May 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Well then, the title will overlap the credit if you keep typing in the title, so you need to select the "selection" tool (arrow) and drag the credits text field down so there is no overlap. This is not like a word processor where fields get pushed down automatically as you type. Each field stays anchored.

Why don't you just delete the credit text field and have only the title text field. The formatting does not have to be all the same for all text within a text box. You can apply formatting to individual letters if you want. Just select the text you want to format, and then change the font, size, style, etc.

That way it will look like you have a title text field and a credit text field, but in reality you have only one text field.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby harmo » Wed May 23, 2007 1:49 pm

RJ Johnston wrote: This is not like a word processor where fields get pushed down automatically as you type. Each field stays anchored.

That was my Eureka moment right there. I got it now. Many thanks...

Are you a musician?
harmo
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed May 23, 2007 2:05 pm

I just had a feeling that that was the key -- don't treat it like a word processor.

I really can't call myself a real musician. I made it to 2nd chair clarinet in 6th grade, then had to give it up when my lower lip got infected. I made an audio tape of me playing Christmas songs on the Yamaha keyboard that my mother loves. I owe her that much, seeing how she forced me to take piano lessons.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby harmo » Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 am

Just a quick note to say that, thanks to your help, I have figured it out and have successfully created a title sequence.

Thanks!
harmo
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu May 24, 2007 3:24 pm

Your welcome.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Prior Versions