They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Capturing Video if I don't want to start a new project?

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Capturing Video if I don't want to start a new project?

Postby BFTrak » Sun May 13, 2007 9:45 pm

In the past I've always captured video and right away started a new project with it. Now I have some video that I'd like to download, but not work with right away. Can PE3 help me with this?
BFTrak
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Mon May 14, 2007 3:31 am

Sure!

Premiere Elements requires that you capture from within a project. But, nothing says you have to keep that project. You can capture the video clips and save them where you want them and then exit the project without saving. You can even delete the ".prel" file that was created if you wish. The clips will not be deleted. It will help if you have a plan for how you want to organize and keep track of the files.

Later, when you want to use them, create a project and import the clips you want to work with into the media bin using "get media from files and folders".
Bob

Postby Clayton » Mon May 14, 2007 7:14 am

A good tool for capturing video for use later is scenalyzer
http://www.scenalyzer.com
It puts a low resolution version of the video on your drive and indexes it for you. You can cut, delete and name clips. When you are ready to use the video., put it in your camera and from the index select the clips you want and it will automatically go and get just thiose clips. :-D
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon May 14, 2007 9:25 am

And another great, and free program for capturing is WinDV :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions