They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Where are my photos?

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Where are my photos?

Postby bassgreg » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:06 am

I will be the first with an issue.....

I am working on a project for my daughters swim team, it is made up of mostly stills, and some of the moving backdrops from this site and audio. But last night after adding some transitions and simple pan and zooms to about 20 photos all of a sudden when I go to the scenline to add the next transition I only see a handfull of my photos? A bunch of Photos are missing? I can go back to the timeline and they are there and they play fine in the preview and on a test dvd. A while back I remember seeing a post on this issue in some other forums, but I was not having this issue at that time, but now that I need it I can't find it again? PE 3.0 with update 3.0.2

Thanks,
Greg
bassgreg
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:11 am

Strange, haven't heard of that. If your photos are too large they sometimes dissappear when burnt to DVD. But haven't seen this in the Sceneline. What size are your photos?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bassgreg » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:34 am

Right now they are various sizes, I know some are definatly larger (8.2mp camera) than they need to be but I was waiting to resize them until I finished deciding what photos I am doing pan and zooms on. Then I was going to go back and resize them as needed. I had no issues burning a test DVD with them being large photos? And they were there before I started adding transitions and pan and zooms. Maybe you are on to something!! I am sure the transitions are memory intensive. I will try to resize some photos tonight and see if they return to the scenline.

Thanks,
Greg
bassgreg
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:56 am

I can't find anything on this one Greg and I don't remember this coming up before. I assume you could add the transition in Timeline view?
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:57 am

Just a thought, old trick actually, try saving the project as a different name and open the new one, see if they re-appear.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bassgreg » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:10 am

I have not tried adding transitons in the time line yet. I will try all these tips tonight and let you know has it goes.

Thanks again.
Greg
bassgreg
New User
New User

Sceneline

Postby Bobby » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:52 pm

I have to put my $.02 in on sceneline - don't like it, don't use it. You can't see enough to make it worthwhile. All the info and tools you need are on the timeline, better represented.

Also, it was fairly obvious that sceneline was thrown in at the last minute - lots of related issues such as the performance problem, and blank icons if you use fade in/fade out.

My recommendation: ditch sceneline and stay with timeline.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ronnie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:29 pm

Check to make sure you do not have any of your stills grouped together. If they are, they will show up as only one clip in the scene line view.
Ronnie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:29 pm

Nice to know Ronnie, I didn't know that. Makes sense I guess.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions