They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I need a "spotlight" plugin for subjects in PE

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Re: I need a "spotlight" plugin for subjects in PE

Postby nickky007 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I've tagged a graphic on your post at the Adobe forum with instructions on how to use it. It may well be the easiest solution, r.
>>> quoted Steve Grisetti's link to Adobe forum upon this request: "Sorry, new users are prohibited from inserting links or any BBCodes (spam prevention). Please remove or rename" <<<
(A Track Matte will also work, but it can be a bit tricky.)

This might also answer my question. But the link supplied by Steve Grisetti in his original posting (which I had to remove from my answer) only gets me to the Adobe support welcome page and not to the specific posting in the Adobe forum.

Please update the link to your instructions.
nickky007

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi Nickky, The Adobe forums moved and changed completely not too long ago and everything prior to that time was lost.
Maybe Steve can post the instructions here or in your other topic :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Is you Adobe logon dogbreath? It's hard to locate the link without knowing who you are.

But I think this is the discussion.
http://forums.adobe.com/message/1881587#1881587
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nickky007 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Is you Adobe logon dogbreath? It's hard to locate the link without knowing who you are.

But I think this is the discussion.
http://forums.adobe.com/message/1881587#1881587

Hi Steve and Chuck,
thanks for your quick response!
I must have misunderstood a lot: From the picture which user rpelements posted and from his explanation "The background in my opinion is PERFECT, I don't want to mess with that, I just want to highlight (lighten/brighten) the subject" I guessed the question would have a lot in common with mine. I also want to leave the background as it is and lighten/brighten the subject as if I had switched on a camcorder headlight. But I am talking about a _movie_ clip in Premiere Elements!
From the Hunt's answer in the forum (reached by the new link) I see that user rpelements was merely talking about a single photo (and the solution was to use Photoshop).

Please help me with the "Spotlight" fade-in/-out problem in my own thread in this forum.

Thanks,
nickky007

P.S. What does "dogbreath" mean? It must be one of the not four letter words which I did not learn at school and which I cannot get translated by Google or my rather old Cassell's dictionary. But if you mean this:
I have not posted yet in Adobe's forum. Reading in the Adobe's forum I found some advice that it is better to post Pre effects questions here in your forum.
nickky007

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:45 pm

"Dogbreath" was the logon name of someone who posted a similar question on the Adobe forums, Nickky. It was by no means meant to be a slam! ;)

But I'm not really clear what you're looking for, Nickky. What kind of effect are you trying to create? Have you tried applying the Lighting Effects effect on your video and working with its settings in the Properties panel?

I've got some step-by-step instructions in my "Cool Tricks & Hot Tips" book, if you really want detailed instructions.
http://Muvipix.com/CoolTricks
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi Nickky,
You will need to learn all that you can about keyframing, we have free tutorials that will help.
You will also need to learn how to use the Timeline and not the Sceneline, and how the multiple tracks work.
And then it will be good to understand creating Titles as you will be able to use a title graphic as your Highlight area.
Then it may be possible to just use the graphic and keyframe the motion of you may need to use a track matte key.
Let's not even start with the track matte at this point, get to know a little about the other stuff and then it will start to sink in I'm sure. :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nickky007 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:02 pm

>>>>> Edit: <<<<<<<
I transferred this posting to my original thread "How to gradually dim up and dim down a spotlight?"
in the "PE Version 9" forum.

Please continue your kind support over there!
Thank you!
nickky007

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Hey, thanks for supporting the books, Nick! You won't regret it!

Yes, you should be able to spotlight somebody and then dissolve the spotlight so that you're back into uneffected video, if that's what you're trying to do.

Using keyframing, you can fade effects on and off and even move these spotlights around the frame to follow people

Is this what you're trying to do? Do you understand how keyframing works?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Uh oh, it looks like you've got this same discussion going on in two different threads in two different sub-forums, Nickky! So, to keep things from getting confused, I'm going to quit responding to this post. I encourage others to do the same, so we can restrict our conversation to your thread in the Premiere Elements 9 forum.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nickky007 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Uh oh, it looks like you've got this same discussion going on in two different threads in two different sub-forums, Nickky! So, to keep things from getting confused, I'm going to quit responding to this post. I encourage others to do the same, so we can restrict our conversation to your thread in the Premiere Elements 9 forum.
Yes, agreed!

I did not intend double-posting! I apologize that it developed that way.
Let me summarize briefly:
1. I have a problem. I still have it!
2. I searched in Adobe forum, then I read to better post these sort of questions in this form.
3. I found PE Version 9 forum, searched here for "Lighting Effects". Negative.
4. Posted in PE Version 9 forum my question "How to gradually dim up and dim down a spotlight?" and explained my case.
5. After submitting the posting I saw under SIMILAR TOPIC "I need a "spotlight" plugin for subjects in PE" in forum Prior Versions. So I happend to come here into forum Prior Versions "spotlight" thread.
6. I found an interesting link. It did not work. So I asked for help with the link.
7. I got a new link and some answers to which I responded.
That is from my point of view how sort of a double posting developed.

I will not post here any more.
I will respond to your last two answers over there in my thread "How to gradually dim up and dim down a spotlight?" in the in the Premiere Elements 9 forum. I will repost my last problem explanation with the screenshot medley over there and delete it here (if, as New User, I am allowed to do it, else a kind moderator may do it for me please).

Please continue your interesting support over there.

Thanks!
nickky007

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:15 am

It is generally called Highlighting, rather than spotlight. That is probably why your search didn't turn up anything Nickky.
Here are a few topics that might help you, but learning to keyframe is going to be a big part of it no matter what.
There may be other ways in other programs but in Premiere Elements it is using the timeline with multiple tracks and keyframing.
viewtopic.php?p=8131#p8131
viewtopic.php?p=36821#p36821
viewtopic.php?p=77282#p77282

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Prior Versions