They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Does this happen to you?

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Does this happen to you?

Postby Bob D » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm

This isn't a big deal, but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing it. It may just be my computer set up, but when I go to play my project in the monitor panel it will occasionally just stop. It isn't a big deal since I just hit the play button and it continues. This has happened for 2 different projects.
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Does this happen to you?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:40 pm

I've experienced that occasionally too, Bob. I always assumed there was some Windows process interrupting.

Fortunately, it happens so rarely that it's not a major annoyance for me.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby roadsideron » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:54 pm

There's a project render bar that goes across the top of the timeline. Is that bar stretched all the way across your project?
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Gerry » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 pm

Bob D wrote:This isn't a big deal, but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing it. It may just be my computer set up, but when I go to play my project in the monitor panel it will occasionally just stop. It isn't a big deal since I just hit the play button and it continues. This has happened for 2 different projects.

YES!! It happened to me quite a few times in the project I just finished. Even after I render. I just assumed it was my computer or a delayed reaction to my hitting some button.
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:38 pm

Anytime PE becomes a background process, video output stops. There is an option that would allow PE to keep going even if it becomes a background process, but that option doesn't work.

There is a small application called Windows Sniper for $15 USD that will encapsulate PE and prevent outside processes from stopping it. I've used it for several years.

http://www.unhuman.com
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby roadsideron » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:06 am

In the early days (in my case, just a few years ago) "EndItAll" was strongly suggested before using a NLE program. I still have the free version installed on my computers but I haven't found it necessary to use it lately. I've have the "Play" stop right in the middle of the project and thought nothing of it, only because I'm just playing around with the program and it doesn't seem to really affect anything.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:13 am

One of those problems is entirely different than what Bob is describing. And play is suppose to stop when another process moves to the foreground.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Prior Versions