They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rendering stopped-Out of Memory...Done All Except???

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Re: Rendering stopped-Out of Memory...Done All Except???

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:33 am

Well - I am hitting what Gary hit and each time I try to render it shuts down and gives me the serious error.
If I can't render, I can't burn is that right?

Not sure how Gary knew to take that one title out.

I am not totaly finished yet...if I have to save to an AVi file - would I do that then import it back in and do the scene markers and DVD template etc.

I have rebooted already and that didn't help. I did the disk cleanup. I have done the defragmenting yet tho.

UPDATE: I couldn't defrag as not enough space. Do I need to exoprt to AVI.
I have done a project bigger then this before....why would it keep giving me out of Memory. I tried again this morning.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:12 am

"I couldn't defrag as not enough space."

This could be at the heart of your problem. If you haven't got enough space to defrag, you likely don't have enough room for huge, contiguous scratch disk files either -- and that's what Premiere Elements needs in order to render and transcode your project, particularly if you're using source files that are other than DV-AVIs from a miniDV camcorder.

One the best and most powerful upgrades you can make on an editing computer (aside from loading up on RAM) is to add a second hard drive, one dedicated to video editing and video files. It will give you a huge resource boost in addition to resolving a lot of rendering/transcoding problems. And, best of all, you can do it yourself in about 20 minutes, using a single flat-head screwdriver.
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc12120

Of course, you'll still need to keep a good 30 gig of free space on your C drive, just so your programs can operate. But, for under $100, you can pick up a second hard drive that will give you hours of video editing elbow room!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:17 am

I have a brnad new external hard drive that I just got. I guess I need to go ahead and set it up. My intent was to move some of my pictures there as that is what is taking up most of my room.

I know moving the pictures also lessens the quality. But should I just go ahead and move them (not the ones in the video files), but the ones in My Pictures.

UGH!
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:24 am

I am sure I am gonig to get the hardrive you suggested as this is killing me. But trying to figure out what I can do in the short term (like today) I just thought of something. Is there a way for Preel 3 to use my external hard drive that as 62gb free to do render the project etc.

Or will I still have to have my c drive free. If so, I will start moving the pictures.

LONG TERM: Does it matter if you have an external hard drive or an internal hard drive etc for the video capture/editing.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Premiere Elements uses lots of the virtual memory and temp space, all from the C drive.
Doesn't matter where your project is located or the scratch files, you still need to have enough space on the C drive, about 20 - 40GB should do.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:21 pm

bgsnmky, have you completed a small project prior to the one you are working on?
Just want to make sure that you have successfully created and burned a Premiere Elements project in the past.
If not, you may want to take a break and work on a small simple project, just to get the bugs out, before you finish tackling this epic ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:27 pm

Yes I have. Well actually it wasn't small. But it did burn and came out great (well good for my first one).

I looked back thru my old posts and I had gotten the Premiere elements must show down message way back then, but not the insufficient memory. I really think that is a result of my c drive being full. I have been getting messages over the last couple of weeks which is why I bought the external drive (not having anythign to do with video editing).

The only problem I did have is the burning of a DL cd. I burned two disks to make sure I had the 5th anniversary video, but then I burned a DL and it apparently didn't work.....

So I might end up doing the same thing this time, but I am hoping the DL will work....with your suggestions of having nothing else going etc.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:38 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Premiere Elements uses lots of the virtual memory and temp space, all from the C drive.
Doesn't matter where your project is located or the scratch files, you still need to have enough space on the C drive, about 20 - 40GB should do.

Right now I have 32% free.

I am getting ready to try again.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:27 pm

Sounds good, glad to hear you have completed a project already :)

Are you sure you have a Dual Layer burner? Did you try DL +R or -R, I recommend sticking to the +R for Dual Layer discs.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:32 pm

Well.....it still didn't work. But it isn't getting an error like it was....

Now it is getting a "compilre error".

Any suggestions.

Should I export to AVI file? I may have to just to have something for xmas. But do I lose any functionality later..like if I want to edit the transitions etc.

AND -- next, sorry for all the questions...but how does someone know what piece of the project is messing up. For example when Gary posted he said he could tell it was title. Could the compile error be a particular piece. I have been rendering all along the project at different times.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Try exporting to AVI (File/Export/Movie) and import the new AVI file into a new project.
You will have to set the DVD Markers again and select the DVD Menu, but it usually works.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Just tried to export movie and got the compile error.

Any other suggestions...

I guess I could go backwards to some other saved versions.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:44 pm

Check for blank spots in your movie, places where there are gaps in the video.
Fill the gaps with Black video or extending clips to fill them.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:10 pm

Chuck, I will start looking for them. Is there an easy way to see the blank spots. I will make the timeline the largest I can to see them....But just want to make sure I do everything I can to find them.

Also, I decdided to try and render another movie that I did before to see if it would work. I have even burned this one before. About 4 months ago. Anyway, I got the compile error our of memory now. I have 29.2 gb space free.

I am now trying to pull up something new -- just trying to figure out if it is THE project I am working on or the software or my computer. --- I JUST rendered this VERY small projec with video's and about 6 pictures. REndered fine.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:18 am

It may work if you; restart your computer, go directly to the burning in Premiere Elements, don't do anything else.
That should free up some virtual memory, hopefully enough to get the job done.

The best thing you can do to find blank spots is by pressing the Page down key with the Timeline zoomed in.
The Page Down will take you to every cut, if you see a blank space fill it in with something or delete the gap.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Prior Versions