They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rendering stopped-Out of Memory...Done All Except???

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Re: Rendering stopped-Out of Memory...Done All Except???

Postby agmilton » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:55 pm

No, I haven't tried re-install. However, I will delete the title that is in & reboot to see if that settles down.
Gary
agmilton

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:59 pm

And I think someone has suggested this on every forum you've posted, Gary:

Can you File/Export/Movie and create an AVI movie of your project?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby agmilton » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:02 am

Got rid of the tropical_7.tga file & message. (deleted the title page)

THEN, I decided to start over, and resized photos through PS5,saved as PSD files, recompiled slideshow, exported part of it to PE3.

It will render sometimes(if do a clean boot first), but will NOT save rendered file.
Gave out of time, will try to save as avi this afternooon.

Gary
Gateway P4 3.06ghz HT -- 2.48GB RAM(2x256 MB + 2x1GB DDR SDRAM DIMMS)-- WinXP SP2
PhotoShop Elements 5.02 -- Premiere Elements 3.02
agmilton

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:21 am

Gary, there has to be some kind of disk or memory issue, even virtual memory, something like that.
There is no reason for the program to not write the render files unless there is not enough disk space, but you should get an error.
Sounds like a RAM or virtual memory issue if things work ok after a reboot. There could be multiple things going on here.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the program or tried a repair install?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby agmilton » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:49 pm

I got rid of the tropical_7.tga file & message. (I deleted the title page--that solved that problem)

I decided to start over, and resized photos through PS5,saved as PSD files, recompiled slideshow, exported part of it to PE3. It still won't "save" the rendering of the slide show (after breaking it apart), but it will save as to avi file.Although the rendering won't "Save", it did write at test avi file, which seems to play ok.

With all the different copies and attempts at this project, the drive space has shrunk down to 31GB.

I think I'll try to finish the project, and burn to dvd--even though the rendering of the slide show won't save. I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks to all who have responded. If anyone has any other suggestions, I will be grateful to see them.

Thanks to all
Gary
Gateway P4 3.06ghz HT -- 2.48GB RAM(2x256 MB + 2x1GB DDR SDRAM DIMMS)-- WinXP SP2
agmilton

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:55 pm

Gary, have you ever tried exporting to a DV-AVI file first?
In many cases with difficult projects you can export to DV-AVI (File/Export/Movie) and then add that new file to a new project, then everything works just fine ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby agmilton » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:38 am

Thanks for your input. I will certainly keep that in mind.

I do have some video clips to add, and a couple of effects. If it won't burn that way, I'll polish it in PS and save as avi like you said.

At least now, I have hope that I can get this "Christmas gift" video completed. You folks are the greatest!

Gary
agmilton

Postby bgsnmky » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:42 pm

Ok, I just hit the same thing. I was rendering...although I still am not sure why...but I do :-D

I have a project with all my mixed photos, slideshows from Pse5 imported to prel3.

it is about 1hr 30 minutes long right now. I got out of memory.

I can't export to AVI yet as I am not done! I am working on an xmas gift too. obviously won't be done, but want to have it good enought to show to the family that will be together.

Anyway..it sounds like I should:
reboot
defrag

is that a good start.

Gary did you finally get yours to work.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:36 am

Mine worked when I rebooted....
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Barb O » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:41 am

bgsnmky wrote:Ok, I just hit the same thing. I was rendering...although I still am not sure why...but I do :-D

I have a project with all my mixed photos, slideshows from Pse5 imported to prel3.

it is about 1hr 30 minutes long right now. I got out of memory.

I can't export to AVI yet as I am not done! I am working on an xmas gift too. obviously won't be done, but want to have it good enought to show to the family that will be together.

Anyway..it sounds like I should:
reboot
defrag

is that a good start.

Gary did you finally get yours to work.

First, one hour is generally the recommended limit for burning to a DVD (yes commercial DVDs are longer but their process is different). So you will need to split your project at some point and make it a 2 DVD project. Therefore I would suggest making two Premiere Elements projects now because it may well help avoid some of these problems of going black, which can be capacity related. How many of the slideshows that you are sending from Photoshop Elements create about 1 hour (or slightly less)of video? I would make these your first project.

Second, before doing a defrag, I would do a Disk Cleanup (the Windows Systems Tools function is one method for cleanup) because you may have a significant number of temporary files created from Photoshop Elements hanging around after failures.

You also have previously rendered files from Premiere Elements that can be deleted - perhaps someone else will post instructions on how because I dont' have the info here at the moment.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:33 am

Thanks B.

I am planning on using the Dual Layer disk to burn the project. That is ok then right?

I know it is long, but when I watch DVD's I would rather have the ability to skip around on one disk then get up and have to change disks to get the chapters I want to view.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Barb O » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:39 pm

Yes, I think that with a dual layer it could be done. Perhaps someone else who has experience using dual layer discs will comment.

There will still be the consideration of whether your PC has sufficient resources to do the entire encoding process from source material that is combined photos and video.

Everyone,

I have not done a project this large. So I am asking others to comment about whether it will be better to initially make multiple projects within Premiere Elements?
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:52 pm

Dual layer DVDs work great on projects of 1 - 2 hours long. Barb is correct is stating that your system still needs to be able to process the whole thing.
One thing that will help is to restart your computer before you burn the DVD, that will free up all available resources. When the computer restarts, open Premiere Elements and the project, go directly to the burn DVD screen and burn the DVD, do nothing else. That will ensure you have as much virtual and RAM memory available as possible.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:33 pm

Second, before doing a defrag, I would do a Disk Cleanup (the Windows Systems Tools function is one method for cleanup) because you may have a significant number of temporary files created from Photoshop Elements hanging around after failures.

You also have previously rendered files from Premiere Elements that can be deleted - perhaps someone else will post instructions on how because I dont' have the info here at the moment.

Ok...I am sure I am going to show my ignorance...but where is the windows systems tools function? I know about the disk cleanup. Is this the Disk Cleanup in Performance maintenance in XP?

:oops:
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:38 pm

ok...searched the internet and it looks like what I found was what you were talking about....

I am looking into it now.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Prior Versions